Security Issues?

TedologyTedology Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited April 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hello all,

Something has just begun to appear when I go to view any of my galleries or even my control panel.

I get a popup from Windows:

"This page contains both secure and non-secure items. Do you want to display the nonsecure items?"

Followed by [YES] [NO] [MORE INFO]

I don't recall this happening when I first started with SmugMug.

I looked at my IE 7 security settings and SmugMug is listed as a trusted site...as well as my own tedology.smugmug.com

Is there something else I could be doing so I don't have to click "YES" each time I want to look at my own gallery?

Thanks in advance! :)
Ted
My Site
My Gallery
"Satan trembles when he sees
the weakest saint on his knees."

Comments

• BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 25, 2007
    Tedology wrote:
    Hello all,

Something has just begun to appear when I go to view any of my galleries or even my control panel.

I get a popup from Windows:

"This page contains both secure and non-secure items. Do you want to display the nonsecure items?"

Followed by [YES] [NO] [MORE INFO]

I don't recall this happening when I first started with SmugMug.

I looked at my IE 7 security settings and SmugMug is listed as a trusted site...as well as my own tedology.smugmug.com

Is there something else I could be doing so I don't have to click "YES" each time I want to look at my own gallery?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi Ted :)

There's usually a little box that you can click on those that says "don't ask me this again" or something along those lines. Next time you see one of those, see if that question is there. Checking or unchecking that box (depending on the question) will usually do away with those.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • TedologyTedology Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited March 25, 2007
    Barb wrote:
    Hi Ted :)

There's usually a little box that you can click on those that says "don't ask me this again" or something along those lines. Next time you see one of those, see if that question is there. Checking or unchecking that box (depending on the question) will usually do away with those.

Hi Barb,

Thanks for answering! thumb.gif

Yeah, I'm used to seeing those, too. However, for this there doesn't seem to be such an option. ne_nau.gif

I think I've "trusted" it enough time with IE7 for it to be fixed...for the time being! Laughing.gif! rolleyes1.gif

We shall see.

Again, thanks much for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated!
    Ted
    My Site
    My Gallery
    "Satan trembles when he sees
    the weakest saint on his knees."
  • DarkoDarko Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 11, 2008
    Check your banner link code
    When checking your homepage after working on it, make sure you don't click on drop-down url link of it (autofill) that starts with https instead of http. You may need to manually type it or add it to favorites, otherwise it will keep trying https and there will be a "non-secure" issue.