Most Popular Photos

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited March 25, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I want to add my top photos in the most popular section on my own site. I would like to self select them, which I have to do since my site is password protected and the public cannot vote.

Since no one else can vote, isnt it possible for me to just go through my own galleries and put thumbs up on the selected few?

I tried this, adjusted the number of most popular to 12, adjusted it to show rhather than hide, but they dont appear. Is there a minimum number ov votes necessary to get there? For me, there will always be only one or none!

What I really want is in addition to featured galleries, to have featured photos as well. Possible?

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2007
    Zanotti wrote:
    I want to add my top photos in the most popular section on my own site. I would like to self select them, which I have to do since my site is password protected and the public cannot vote.
    Popular thumbs don't work on a passworded site, sorry.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited March 25, 2007
    I don't know what your site looks like, so this may not work for you. But - have you considered using a keyword for your "featured" photos. If you tagged all of these photos with a keyword of "featured", you could show them on your site with the url http://<yoursite>.smugmug.com/keyword/featured (obviously after replacing the <yoursite> with your site name).

I used a keyword to set up the photos for the slideshow on my home page. (I tagged all of the photos I wanted in that slideshow with a keyword of deniseHome.)

--- Denise