I'm having a tough time deciding...

DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited March 26, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Would you like to help?

Which do you like best?

(photos removed)
Amy :D
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5

Comments

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007

I love the focus in it. It is perfect! The first one is not as crisp and clear to me. #3 and 4 seem too cluttered. I LOVE #2, though!

Good luck! :D
  • DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    I love the focus in it. It is perfect! The first one is not as crisp and clear to me. #3 and 4 seem too cluttered. I LOVE #2, though!
    Good luck! :D

Thanks Andi.
    I think I'm leaning towards #1 at this point... at least for me, part of the humbling experience was the sheer number of tomb stones... and I think the red flowers and flag are strong enough to draw you into the stately honor of the one soldier among many... if that makes sense.

I love the NYC city shot... I had shot a similar one more than a year ago and was determined to get back there and do more. I just loved the opposing nature of "life versus death"... but I'm not sure it fits the theme as well as the veterans cemetery.
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
    Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor

• mwaltersmwalters Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    I prefer number 2. The lower DOF helps loose the pole with the seats in the centre top - this was the first thing I saw in the first one.

Hope that helps!

Matthew
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    I prefer the 1st shot.
    I think the more clearly you can see the sheer number of stones, the clearer the message is.

I don't know what lens you used or if it's possible, but I think with even a wider angle of view, with more DOF might be a stronger shot.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    It's not a pole, it's a tree.

But here it is without the tree

(removed - I've decided against this version for a couple of reasons)

A wider shot might have been possible, but there were a lot of people there (mourners) and I was trying to be respectful. In this particular section there were two families visiting graves, so I had to use what I could out my car window.

This also isn't quite that big an area... it sort of peeks through to the other sections and the whole cemetery isn't like that. There are some vantage point where you can see other areas, but there are some that are very isolated by tree-boundaries. To the left of this shot was actually a lot of trees.