edited April 1, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here is my shot at LPS #2!!

Please CC!! :thumb
138725934-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    A nice portrait photo. but I don't see anything that makes me think of either 'stately' or 'humble' headscratch.gif

Sunita
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    sunita wrote:
    A nice portrait photo. but I don't see anything that makes me think of either 'stately' or 'humble' headscratch.gif

Sunita

I don't know about that. You've got a gal, waiting for a bus, using a cane, has her shopping bags with her, the purse that she's been using for years, a little quarter smile. I like your model a lot. The background is killing me. Not knowing the lay of the land, it's hard to say if moving around would have hurt or helped. I think a shot from just a little to the right (meaning the photog moves to the right) may have helped. Maybe getting a little more at her eye level also.

Is this the only shot that you got her?
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    jmaccs64jmaccs64 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    davev wrote:
    I don't know about that. You've got a gal, waiting for a bus, using a cane, has her shopping bags with her, the purse that she's been using for years, a little quarter smile. I like your model a lot. The background is killing me. Not knowing the lay of the land, it's hard to say if moving around would have hurt or helped. I think a shot from just a little to the right (meaning the photog moves to the right) may have helped. Maybe getting a little more at her eye level also.

Is this the only shot that you got her?

This was one shot, I was shooting some buildings around the train station when I saw her and thought of Humble/Stately, asked her if I could take her picture, she was very reluctant, so I didnt want to press the issue....

Let me mess with the background some, and if I would have moved to the right or the left it would have been way worse :(

Thanks
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2007
    I can't make it much better, my photoshop skills are not the greatest !!ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    I like it as is! Good shot! thumb.gif
    Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
    Canon AE-1 Program l FD 28mm 1:2.8 l FD 50mm 1:1.8 l Sunpak Auto 821 Dedicated
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2007
    Crap! I can't decide....
    Here is another shot I took today that cries out humble or stately!ne_nau.gif
    138993605-L.jpg
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    It's an awesome shot. It might say stately to some, but possibly w/out the car.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    If the car was a limo, I'd say it was stately.:D
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    I like both of your shots. I think the woman conveys humble and I love her tentative smile. The background does cause problems, though, including the black post growing out of your subject's head. Also, for me it is cropped a bit too close to her knees.

The second photo is a stunner. I loved it just the way it is. I can't say whether the judges will see it as conveying "stately" but I would definitely keep the car/limo.

Best of luck deciding what to enter!!

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    Here's an interpretation
    Art in many cases is that the beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. Your second shot says something....it's rich...it's captivating. The shot says both stately and could be seen as humble. I think this is a great shot personally. I have no idea how you did it but want to know...way cool.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2007
    Well, I probably will get a lot of slack for saying this.....

It is 2 exposures from 1 Raw blended together in photoshop....

I am glad someone likes it.....

Thanks....
  • Options
    amy wilburnamy wilburn Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2007
    are you kidding? like it? I absolutely love it!!! It's beautiful. IMHO it definitely fits the criteria of a good 'would you hang it on your wall?' photo. Now it's up to the judges, but as far as I'm concerned it's one of my faves in the contest. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2007
    Thanks....