Options

My Threads ???

USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
edited January 29, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Just wondering is their a way to view "my threads" something like dpreview does?
It would be nice to be able to view every thread I responded to and started with a click of a button.

Thanks
Fred

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2005
    USAIR wrote:
    Just wondering is their a way to view "my threads" something like dpreview does?
    It would be nice to be able to view every thread I responded to and started with a click of a button.

Thanks
    Fred

fred, you can review all threads you've started, and all posts you've made, by clicking on your name and viewing your profile... also available by "quick links"

it's not the same, but it's all we've got. for now.
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2005
    you can also subscribe...
    andy wrote:
    fred, you can review all threads you've started, and all posts you've made, by clicking on your name and viewing your profile... also available by "quick links"

it's not the same, but it's all we've got. for now.
    if you subscribe without email notification, you can click on "subscribed threads" under quick links.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2005
    OK, that's a first for me. Someone's actually found something they like about dpreview's forum software. I like the info there, but rarely visit because I can't stand the way the forums work. :puke1
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    OK, that's a first for me. Someone's actually found something they like about dpreview's forum software. I like the info there, but rarely visit because I can't stand the way the forums work. :puke1

yeah. the "my threads" feature is very convenient. one click, and you see any threads you're participating in, that have new posts...

i've actually been lax in not using the subscription feature here on dgrin. it's quite fine in fact. i changed my default subscription (in user cp) to subscribe, no email notification.

works fine.
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2005
    Andy,Sid
    The My Threads on dpreview I think is very nice
    I will have to give the subscription feature a try it probably works nice I just haven't tried it.

I do like the fact that here you can edit your post if you make a mistake dpreview you can not. (I make lots of mistaks) :D

Sid the stf is the best, great bunch there
    Just like hereclap.gif

Anyway thanks for the help guys

Fred
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2005
    I've mentioned where's "my threads" earlier too
    USAIR wrote:

Thanks
    Fred

I really miss it, and subscribing, well that's a mailbox filler I don't need. I got the same response you have, so I guess I have to live with the loss... I too, do like the edit feature, it's the best.
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2005
    nononononn dee!
    Dee wrote:
    I really miss it, and subscribing, well that's a mailbox filler I don't need. I got the same response you have, so I guess I have to live with the loss... I too, do like the edit feature, it's the best.

:lynn

try this:

every time you reply to a new thread, or start one of your own, click on subscribe

set your default subscription in the user cp to "subscribe, no email notification"

then, when ever you want, use quick links and select "subscribed threads"

deal.gif
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2005
    Ah Ha, lightbulb lighting up
    andy wrote:
    cheerleader.gif

try this:

every time you reply to a new thread, or start one of your own, click on subscribe

set your default subscription in the user cp to "subscribe, no email notification"

then, when ever you want, use quick links and select "subscribed threads"

deal.gif

Is that how you do it? What if you want e-mail on one thread but not others?
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    Is that how you do it? What if you want e-mail on one thread but not others?

if you want email on just one thread, you can override for that thread :D just scroll down after you reply, and before you hit "submit reply" and you'll see deal.gif
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2005
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2005
    don't forget to save your changes, othersise it doesn't work :dgrin