Options

So...its happened

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited March 3, 2004 in The Big Picture
Im 40 !

If you said this day would come 20 years ago i would have given you a strange look. I feel better than 20 years back...just a bit slower in the joints... if only i had treated my body then like i do now ! One too many footy scrums...one too many bike prangs...photography is such a non-contact sport :1drink

What did i get you ask....well everyone knows i hate flying...no control. So i got flying with less control. At least we cant lose an engine.

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2004
    happy bday, mate.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    kometkomet Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2004
    Happy Birthday Oscar!
    komet gives light so that you may find the way.
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2004
    komet wrote:
    Happy Birthday Oscar!
    Thanks Eric
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2004
    fish wrote:
    happy bday, mate.
    Ta mate
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2004
    Humung I am 42 so there is life after forty I am living proof ,,, well 2 years of life anyway :D .

HAPPY B DAY
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Im 40 !
    Happy Bday Lad.... Let me know which dessert to send to you. Just beware that the 7.5 stone one has higher shipping charges mwink.gif
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 19, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Im 40 !

If you said this day would come 20 years ago i would have given you a strange look. I feel better than 20 years back...just a bit slower in the joints... if only i had treated my body then like i do now ! One too many footy scrums...one too many bike prangs...photography is such a non-contact sport 1drink.gif

What did i get you ask....well everyone knows i hate flying...no control. So i got flying with less control. At least we cant lose an engine.
    Happy birthday! and that glider shot is COOL!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2004
    Happy birthday H. You're just a pup, life begins at 40. The glider shot is cool, my daughter gave me a ride in one for fathers day last year. Pretty fun, the guy let me fly for a bit.
    David
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2004
    Thanks all...the pic is from their site. I will go in a few weeks...dont know about sitting on the wing for a shot though rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2004
    Happy birthday Mr. Ruler of the Wasteland!
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Im 40 !

If you said this day would come 20 years ago i would have given you a strange look. I feel better than 20 years back...just a bit slower in the joints... if only i had treated my body then like i do now ! One too many footy scrums...one too many bike prangs...photography is such a non-contact sport 1drink.gif

Happy Birthday Humy, great leader of the WL. I'm more than ten years older than you and trust me... things ain't half bad. Get to do more crazy things as you get older cos no one gives a *#?*.
    Good on yer mate enjoy!!
    :sweet
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2004
    I am pushin 40 like a freight train (39.5) and all looks ok from here. Happt Birthday man.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2004
    Happy birthday wasteland, glad you made it this far or we wouldn't have the considerable pleasure of your company. thumb.gif Looking forward to many more photos of yer unusual perspective on life. That's a good thing!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    mystic7mystic7 Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited February 29, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Happy Bday Lad.... Let me know which dessert to send to you. Just beware that the 7.5 stone one has higher shipping charges mwink.gif
    I'll be 50 in Sept. Send me the one all the way on the right iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2004
    mystic7 wrote:
    Actually she was my birthday present that year icon10.gif Here she is the following morning
    thumb.gif

sayu_s.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2004
    You KILLED HER?! :yikes
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2004
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    Richard CabesaRichard Cabesa Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2004
    mystic7 wrote:
    What day?
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2004
    What day?
    23rd. Want my address? nod.gif
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2004
    There are a lot of unnecessary shadows, and the lighting seems a bit harsh. You should have diffused an overhead spot, and it's possible that you may have underexposed. Nice composition, though thumb.gif
    M7

cmr164 wrote:
    Actually she was my birthday present that year icon10.gif Here she is the following morning
    thumb.gif

sayu_s.jpg
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited March 2, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Im 40 !

Good on ya!

I went for a flight many years ago. What a kick in the pants it was.

Oh and the 40 thing? Over-rated.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2004
    ian408 wrote:
    Good on ya!

I went for a flight many years ago. What a kick in the pants it was.

Oh and the 40 thing? Over-rated.

Ian
    Mate ill give you the drum...im s%$t scared. Havnt phoned to book the flight yet & have even considered giving it to someone much more suicidal than me.

Yer yer yer i know...what a wuss. I dont like flying...even started to learn to try & get over it but was too worried about crashing to learn anything rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2004
    If you don't like it, you don't like it, not a crime. I'll take yer ticket, I've always wanted to go gliding, never made the time.
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    If you don't like it, you don't like it, not a crime. I'll take yer ticket, I've always wanted to go gliding, never made the time.
    Thing is though i have flown a lot on big tin bird & can go to sleep on them...just the little ones that worry me. At least 1 or 2 a week on the news here.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Thing is though i have flown a lot on big tin bird & can go to sleep on them...just the little ones that worry me. At least 1 or 2 a week on the news here.
    I've flown on those little buggers Humy and you have every right to be terrified... as far as I can see the pilot has to be drunk to even get if off the ground...and by the way, I'm 58 today.. and it's great. I'ts great 'cos I thought I was 59 til husband corrected me.. apart from looking like #2*% and being 20lbs overweight life just gets better and better... and shorter and shorter.clap.gifwave.gif :smooch
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    I've flown on those little buggers Humy and you have every right to be terrified... as far as I can see the pilot has to be drunk to even get if off the ground...and by the way, I'm 58 today.. and it's great. I'ts great 'cos I thought I was 59 til husband corrected me.. apart from looking like #2*% and being 20lbs overweight life just gets better and better... and shorter and shorter.clap.gifwave.gif :smooch
    From your avatar I would have said 38. Seriously!
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    CHARLES! DARLING! I'M YOUR SLAVE FOREVER. THAT PICTURE IS ACTUALLY A YEAR OLD BUT IT'S THE BEST ONE I HAVE. GIVES ME INCENTIVE TO WORK OUT AGAIN.
    THANK YOU KINDLY SIR.
    LYNN:lift
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    And from your avatar, I would guess 8. :D
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    and by the way, I'm 58 today.. and it's great. shorter.clap.gifwave.gif :smooch
    Well happy bloody birthday !!!

clap.gif ( i can say that to someone who has lived here in 0z )

What did you get ... a glider flight & a pair of bike gloves ...its the latest craze here.
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2004
    Oh, thanks for the reminder...Happy Birthday Lynn!!!
    Sid.