Options

Replace Photo Problem...

thegrepperthegrepper Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited March 28, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just started using the proof delay; really nice feature. But I'm having problems replacing a photo (link below). After clicking replace photo, the upload seems to complete but he photo does not change. I replaced a different photo earlier with no issue but this one won't change. Can I delete and re-add the photo or is the customer's order tied to the photo's ID?

http://pbn.smugmug.com/gallery/2615106/141/138191815#138191815

My order prints in the morning; help...

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    Make sure the replacing photo is sRGB colorspace, ok? Let us know.
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Make sure the replacing photo is sRGB colorspace, ok? Let us know.

Yep, using sRGB. I have tried this numerous times now with different files; not sure what's happening. Replace worked once yesterday but not again. Here is a link to another file I tried to replace. Help!

http://pbn.smugmug.com/gallery/2615106/390/138242651#138242651
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2007
    thegrepper wrote:
    Yep, using sRGB. I have tried this numerous times now with different files; not sure what's happening. Replace worked once yesterday but not again. Here is a link to another file I tried to replace. Help!

Additional information: I can replace files in another gallery but not this one. I really need to get this working ASAP - my customers are ordering prints that need to ship.
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2007
    thegrepper wrote:
    Additional information: I can replace files in another gallery but not this one. I really need to get this working ASAP - my customers are ordering prints that need to ship.

One more interesting thing. I can rename the new file on my PC and replace the gallery image with the new file. The new file name shows in the gallery but the image displayed is the original. Is there a refresh issue?
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2007
    thegrepper wrote:
    One more interesting thing. I can rename the new file on my PC and replace the gallery image with the new file. The new file name shows in the gallery but the image displayed is the original. Is there a refresh issue?
    Are you uploading an sRGB File? And yes, shift refresh it..
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Are you uploading an sRGB File? And yes, shift refresh it..

Yes, photos were shot with a Canon 30D using sRGB. Raw files converted to jpg.

Not sure I understand how this is directly related to my issue. I tested with the original file previously uploaded. I made a small change to the original JPG, renamed it on my PC, then replaced the gallery image with the renamed file (keeping the same smugmug photo ID). The new file name appears in the gallery (so I know the replace is working) but the image does not include the modification. What am I missing? I did refresh my browser, I was asking about a server refresh issue... Thanks in advance for your help...
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2007
    thegrepper wrote:
    Yes, photos were shot with a Canon 30D using sRGB. Raw files converted to jpg.

Not sure I understand how this is directly related to my issue. I tested with the original file previously uploaded. I made a small change to the original JPG, renamed it on my PC, then replaced the gallery image with the renamed file (keeping the same smugmug photo ID). The new file name appears in the gallery (so I know the replace is working) but the image does not include the modification. What am I missing? I did refresh my browser, I was asking about a server refresh issue... Thanks in advance for your help...
    Hi, please link us to the photo you are replacing, thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2007
    Andy wrote:

• Options
    edited March 28, 2007
    Andy wrote:

I did some further testing and it looks like you were on the right trail with sRGB. The "convert profile to sRGB" option was disabled in photoshop when I did my initial raw conversions. I just tested with the same file (option enabled) and uploaded it to a new gallery. I then replaced the file and it worked.

For my last test, I took the newly converted sRGB file and successfully replaced the older gallery image and that worked also.

I'm really confused. I still don't understand why the earlier replace didn't work since it's my understanding you convert to sRGB on upload. Does replace not convert to sRGB (is that only done on initial upload)? What's happening?

What other issues will I have with this gallery (print quality, etc) if original images are not sRGB?