Problem opening an .EPS file

mmahoneymmahoney Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited March 27, 2007 in Finishing School
A client has sent me a logo as a .EPS file they want placed in an image but when I try to open the file I get a panel called "Rasterize Generic EPS format" and when I click OK an error message comes .. "Could not open because the parser module cannot parse the file".

Previously any EPS files would just open right up for me without problems.

Any suggestions?
Many thanks,
Mike

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    It sure sounds like either the EPS got saved with some new options or the file got corrupted during it's trip from the client to you.

If you have a vector drawing program like Illustrator, try opening the EPS in that. If the file opens you should be able to re-save the file as an EPS with as few options as you can get by with. If you don't have a vector drawing program, try to find a free EPS viewer on the 'net and open the file with it. If the file opens, then your client has used some EPS option that Photoshop (I'm assuming you're using Photoshop) can't handle. You'll probably just need to ask the client to re-gen the EPS with a different set of options.

If you can't open the EPS with anything then the file probably got corrupted and you'll have to have the client send it to you again.

Hope this helps!
  • mmahoneymmahoney Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    cletus wrote:
    Hope this helps!

Yes it did, thanks .. seems Illustrator can create files that Photoshop cannot open and this is one of them.
    Cheers,
    Mike