Humbled by a Loss in sudden death

wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
edited March 29, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
138904739-M-1.jpg

This is the reaction of the Clarkson Captian after UMass netted the only goal of the game in the 1st overtime period. In NCAA tournment hockey if a winner is not decided by the end of regulation the teams keep playing until one scores.

I will play with this photo more when I get home, but I didnt know if anyone had any thoughts in regards to "humble"

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    Say's dissapointment
    at least to me...the shot by itself without your explaination would not even have me thinking dissapointed (not knowing the circumstances of the photo). It looks like a hockey player with the attitude of....maybe he didn't like the ref's call. I guess to reiterate what Nikolai has suggested..."is this something you would hang on your wall"? It must be a great photograph first then it should fit the theme....guess that's why they call this a challenge...Laughing.gifrolleyes1.gifGood luck!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    Swartzy wrote:
    at least to me...the shot by itself without your explaination would not even have me thinking dissapointed (not knowing the circumstances of the photo). It looks like a hockey player with the attitude of....maybe he didn't like the ref's call. I guess to reiterate what Nikolai has suggested..."is this something you would hang on your wall"? It must be a great photograph first then it should fit the theme....guess that's why they call this a challenge...Laughing.gifrolleyes1.gifGood luck!

Thank you for commenting i really appreciate it. I was starting to get disheartened by lack of comments (both here and when i post in the sports thread) I try to give when I can myself.

So I just want to say I really appreciate you commenting and your honesty, sometimes when you take a photo you get so attached to your own precieved meaning it that is is nice to have an outside opinion.
  • jraabjraab Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 29, 2007
    I'm certainly no expert ( I still just have a canon a610), but this shot would say humbled to me more if the umass guys were celebrating in the background with a clarkson player looking disappointed in the foreground.

As a side note I'm a big ECACHL fan, went to colgate, have seen the clarkson team many times
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    jraab wrote:
    I'm certainly no expert ( I still just have a canon a610), but this shot would say humbled to me more if the umass guys were celebrating in the background with a clarkson player looking disappointed in the foreground.

As a side note I'm a big ECACHL fan, went to colgate, have seen the clarkson team many times

Yeah unfortuantly the UMass Players were celebrating right at the glass in front of me, too close for me to get an jub shots, so I then tried to get some sad Clarkson players. More so cause I was covering the even and kind of forgot the challenge, so I am trying to make the photo fit the challenge rather than going out and taking a photo specifically for the challenge.

These ones would certainly be better but taking before the challenge period a couple of weeks ago:
    135841127-M-1.jpg

135841672-M-1.jpg

Plus these ones were taken in a much better lighting situation.

Ahh such as the beauty and pain of sports photography, its a combination of both skill and luck (being in the right place for the shot) that makes it more difficult than variables that can control. At least in theory since I am still really learning how to use my studio lights.

I was trying to come up with an idea today to try to excute. Its hard cause nothing comes rushing to mind.

as for the ECACHL, a) I love that you refered to it as the ECACHL and not just the ECAC b) UMass is opening their season with clarkson next year (funny since we ended their season this year) and c) I love hockey!

Thanks for sharing your comments. I really do appreciate them.