LSP #2 reshoot

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited March 28, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well, I finally got a good day to do a reshoot.... I literally had about 20 minutes during the whole day to get this since the clouds have been rolling in and out for several days.

Here is the original (smaller) and the one I've currently got entered.
138227677-S-2.jpg

Here are 3 other versions. I've tried these in a sepia, but they lose too much. I do have my favorite, but I'd love to hear yours. (All poles/houses will be removed for the final entry.)

My intention it to take a humble building, the church, and give it a stately feel in spite (or because?) of its proximity to the stately mountain.

I'm wondering if this diminishes the church too much, leaves an ambiguous feel instead of "stately and humble". I end up feeling "stately and... not really humble, but not really stately". LOL! You?
139108629-M.jpg

This one is my favorite. The church has definitely gone from humble to taking on a stately air. But I wonder if I should have used the same focal length as my original shot. With the weather that's headed towards us, though, I need to make a decision on one of these photos.
139108640-M.jpg

I feel as though this diminishes the mountain too much and gives too much to the church. But this is my husbands favorite.
139108650-M.jpg

Your thoughts? :dunno

Thanks in advance! :D

(Oh, click on the image for a Large version, if necessary)

Comments

• DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    Andi,

Ya know, they are all good! One of the things i like about the one you've got entered already (original #1) is the clouds moving passed the moutain... but the blue sky really does bring out something special in the new shots.

I don't know about you, but I am having a hard time deciding between 3 shots right now and it's KILLING me. Everyone of my family and friends I ask can't decide between the shots either - Laughing.gif

So I'll try to give you a clear answer... maybe you'll get lots of "votes" for the same one and won't have to agonize...

#2 of the new batch! The one that's your favorite.
    Amy :D
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
    Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
    Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
    Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    I think I am partial to the original, composition wise. But I do like #2. It is as though the humble church is roughly the same size as the stately mountain. In #1 of the new batch, the cross on the top of the church gets lost and #3 makes the mountain look too inconsequential.

Good luck with whatever one you choose.

Virginia

Email
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    The more I look, the more I think the original photo conveys my message the best.... While I like the color in the last three, I don't think they are saying what I want to say. If possible, I'll try one last time. I'm still not 100% for this shot.... I like it, but dont love it. But maybe that's because I'm amazed at the quality of the photos entered - and I'm sick of looking at mine! Laughing.gif!

Thanks, all! I really appreciate the feedback! :)
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    Original Andi
    The one you have entered say's it. I like these with the blue sky and all but the perspective of the one now entered is perfect. I was showing my son-in-law the entries the other day (he's an art professor), and he saw it immediately...he said, "That's both stately and humble". I agree.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    Swartzy wrote:
    The one you have entered say's it. I like these with the blue sky and all but the perspective of the one now entered is perfect. I was showing my son-in-law the entries the other day (he's an art professor), and he saw it immediately...he said, "That's both stately and humble". I agree.

Thanks you so much for your 4¢! I really appreciate hearing your thoughts - and his! :D