Smugmug mouse mats smell...

MartinoMartino Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited March 30, 2007 in SmugMug Support
...like an old truck tire. I hope my customers don’t order these, or is this an anomaly? Whew! Smelling up my office!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    Martino wrote:
    ...like an old truck tire. I hope my customers don’t order these, or is this an anomaly? Whew! Smelling up my office!
    Oh I saw your other thread and thought you were joking about the smell.

Well, ouch - I'm terribly sorry that you have smelly mousepads. We have an iron-clad guarantee of satisfaction, would you like a full refund?

Let us know.
  • MartinoMartino Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Oh I saw your other thread and thought you were joking about the smell.

Well, ouch - I'm terribly sorry that you have smelly mousepads. We have an iron-clad guarantee of satisfaction, would you like a full refund?

Let us know.

Laughing.gif. Wasn’t sure which order the posts would be read...but I see you are a money first kind of guy..I like that!

I am not worried about the money or refund, more that I am concerned if a customer orders one they too get a smelly product. Maybe someone can contact the supplier to see if this is a one-off problem, or just the quality and process? If it is the later, I will remove the mouse pad option from my site and problem fixed. This is exactly why I ordered one over everything to check the quality before I go live. GREAT Coffee cups, puzzles, prints and coasters though! Excellent quality and color matching!

Thanks again Andy!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    Martino wrote:
    Laughing.gif. Wasn’t sure which order the posts would be read...but I see you are a money first kind of guy..I like that!

I am not worried about the money or refund, more that I am concerned if a customer orders one they too get a smelly product. Maybe someone can contact the supplier to see if this is a one-off problem, or just the quality and process? If it is the later, I will remove the mouse pad option from my site and problem fixed. This is exactly why I ordered one over everything to check the quality before I go live. GREAT Coffee cups, puzzles, prints and coasters though! Excellent quality and color matching!

Thanks again Andy!
    In 3 years, we've never heard a complaint about "smelly" mouse pads... so I'll chalk it up to a one-off. Let us know if you have any more questions!
  • MartinoMartino Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    In 3 years, we've never heard a complaint about "smelly" mouse pads... so I'll chalk it up to a one-off. Let us know if you have any more questions!

Thanks Andy, it could be psychosymatic. Did I mention that the image is of a rubber fire in Texas? Kidding. I will order another just to make sure. But I want you to know that I would be proud to provide all of the other products to my customers. Top notch!
  • mbradymbrady Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    That's not uncommon with neoprene (the rubbery, foamy material most mousepads are made of). I have not purchased a mousepad through smugmug, but I've had my share of neoprene mousepads. Fortunately, the odor is temporary - it should fade over a few days of being exposed to the open air. These days, most stores seem to store them more exposed to the air so that smell has faded more before purchase, but back in the early days of mice, it wasn't uncommon to get a new mousepad that was sealed in plastic and the fumes off of those those things reeked for a couple days.

I'm guessing they're all kept sealed away before being photo-printed and shipped and so they're still "fresh" when they arrive. Or perhaps they just opened a new batch and so yours had less time to air out before you got it? Check it again in a couple days and see how it's doing.