I love abandoned buildings....

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited January 25, 2011 in Landscapes
Some South Carolina shots:

Your comments always appreciated.....

Z

PS: All that made me hungry:
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• mr judkinsmr judkins Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 28, 2007
    I'm a big fan of abandoned buildings myself, Zanotti, and enjoyed checking these out... my faves are your stately/humble entry and the second one - the latter I think due to the colours and composition.

I must ask though - WHAT is in that meal?
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    mr judkins wrote:
    I'm a big fan of abandoned buildings myself, Zanotti, and enjoyed checking these out... my faves are your stately/humble entry and the second one - the latter I think due to the colours and composition.

I must ask though - WHAT is in that meal?

Traditional Southern Lunch - chicked fried steak, rice and gravy, collard greens, cornbread, and sweet tea.

You dont see this much out of the South, but it is pretty typical there. I was in South Carolina. I went to college in Atlanta (before it was such a cosmopolitan city) and that was how we ate then, too. I kind of miss it.

Its probably not very good for you, but it is good!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    I am originally from SC so I am wondering where you took these pics? Hey...I recognized that meal immediately. Miss the collard greens out here in Denver although I recently found a BBQ place that serves them and they are great.

Oh and forgot to mention that I like the pics. :D

Shana
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    Great shots...I'm just the opposite..I grew up in Atlanta and went to college in SC. (moved back to Atlanta after school) I married one of those sweet Carolina girls and she cooks meals like that all the time. I really like to old barns and buidlings. My father-in-law just revitalized his (actually his fathers old barn) not much to shoot anymore.
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2007
    SitterS wrote:
    I am originally from SC so I am wondering where you took these pics? Hey...I recognized that meal immediately. Miss the collard greens out here in Denver although I recently found a BBQ place that serves them and they are great.

Oh and forgot to mention that I like the pics. :D

Shana

South of Laurens, SC in a small town called Greenwood. Lunch was in Ninety-six, SC

Z
  • BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2007
    Zanotti wrote:
    South of Laurens, SC in a small town called Greenwood. Lunch was in Ninety-six, SC

Z

Zanotti,

I went to school at Presbyterian College in Clinton, SC...about 12 miles from Laurens. I always thought of Greenwood as on of the big towns in the area...compared to Laurens, Clinton, Newberry, etc. Your barns remind me VERY much of the barn at ny father-in-laws barn in Belton, SC
  • TelephotoTelephoto Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2011
    Cool old barns!

Tele
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2011
    Those buildings have so much character. And so does lunch! thumb.gif
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2011
    schmoo wrote: »
    Those buildings have so much character. And so does lunch! thumb.gif

I couldn't agree more. Nice series.