Options

Road trips from Las Vegas

jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
I am going to Las Vegas the first weekend in June. I will be flying out there either late Thursday or first thing Friday (I'll be there in the late morning). I have to be back in Vegas by mid-day Sunday. So I have 2 days to shoot.

I am drawn to going to the Mojave Preserve and Death Valley National Park. I am also considering going to Zion (and stop over in St George) and maybe down to the North Rim. I have never been to any of these sites, but have heard many great things and seen many fantastic images. I don't mind driving, so maybe I'll try them all. :huh

Comments, feedback, reality checks appreciated. BTW - anyone wants to hitch a ride or meet up, let me know.

David
"Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
-Fleetwood Mac

Comments

• Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    I'd definitely recommend the Zion side-trip. Well worth it, and not all that far away (I get to St. George for lunch starting in SoCal in the morning).
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2007
    jdryan3 wrote:
    I am going to Las Vegas the first weekend in June. I will be flying out there either late Thursday or first thing Friday (I'll be there in the late morning). I have to be back in Vegas by mid-day Sunday. So I have 2 days to shoot.

I am drawn to going to the Mojave Preserve and Death Valley National Park. I am also considering going to Zion (and stop over in St George) and maybe down to the North Rim. I have never been to any of these sites, but have heard many great things and seen many fantastic images. I don't mind driving, so maybe I'll try them all. eek7.gif

Comments, feedback, reality checks appreciated. BTW - anyone wants to hitch a ride or meet up, let me know.

David

Reality Check- you can't do both- atleast not if you want to get some good pictures of them.

I would suggest the following loop:
    Cedar Breaks National Monument- Zion- stay the night in the area- Coral Pink Sand Dunes- North Rim

Would give you 4 different landscapes and is totally do able. There is also Valley of Fire just outside of Vegas that may be of interest to you.

Some of my shots from a recent trip-

Zion
    Coral Pink Sand Dunes
    Valley of Fire

Best of luck and look forward to seeing your pictures!
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion