Options

Fun bit of fluff

DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
edited January 29, 2005 in The Big Picture
So, I'm not really sure what good this REALLY is, but there's a sweet little Mac App called iTunes Catalog. It does a bunch of stuff, and one of them is to create an HTML catalog of your iTunes Library. Kinda cool.

If anyone's interested, mine's here.
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2005
    What kind of music does Ry Cooder play with VM Bhatt? Never heard of Bhatt.

BTW, I have his album with Ali Farka Toure, which is excellent, as is Mambo Sinuendo with Manuel Galban.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2005
    wxwax wrote:

BTW, I have his album with Ali Farka Toure, which is excellent, as is Mambo Sinuendo with Manuel Galban.

i have both of these and they are awesome.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2005
    I see an old Traffic album in there. Have you listened to "Welcome to the Canteen"? One of my all-time favorites.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2005
    wxwax wrote:

That song was used at the end of Dead Man Walking, the movie. I guess it was meant to make the dismal nature of the film a little more palatable, as the song's kind of quietly uplifting. Very nice.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    So, I'm not really sure what good this REALLY is, but there's a sweet little Mac App called iTunes Catalog. It does a bunch of stuff, and one of them is to create an HTML catalog of your iTunes Library. Kinda cool.

If anyone's interested, mine's here.
    Cool App! I've been looking for something exactly like this for Windows, but I expect it may never come. Because, it's just another part of the great i-conspiracy :D to draw us all over to the dark side. Us Windows people have quietly been marching along in our quest for world domination, totally oblivious to to that other fruit trying to maintain a foothold in the PC world.

And it all started quite innocently when I bought my wife a 20G iPod for Christmas ... Well, before you knew it, we were a 2 iPod family! (Read:Ipod envy)

And then I showed it to a co-worker who was leaving on a trip to the Dominican Rep. He had bought his wife an MP3 player for Christmas, but he thought he might get an iPod. BIG mistake!!! You CAN'T have a better player than the wife (Read:second iPod now purchased). And of course the teenage son would be EMBARRASSED by an lowly MP3 hand-me-down, so he had to get an iPod Mini.

Not only have I been drawn into the great look and feel of the iTunes program (aren't smart playlists cool?!?), I have invested HEAVILY into most of the add-ons (Monster cables, FM tuners, Microphones, card readers, ...) and I don't think I'm done yet.

And to make matters worse, I have been found wandering aimlessly on Saturdays at the local Apple store drooling over the huge flat panel displays, reading iLife literature, ...

It really is a conspiracy to draw me over to the dark side. Andy's already beyond saving ... The only thing that will save me is an intervention and deprogramming ...

Brad
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2005
    digismile wrote:
    It really is a conspiracy to draw me over to the dark side. Andy's already beyond saving ... The only thing that will save me is an intervention and deprogramming ...

Brad

Uh, you got it backwards, Brad. Come into the light.

Seriously, any help you may need if you ever do decide to take the plunge, send me a PM. Glad to help.
    Moderator Emeritus