ive lost everything

smudgesmudge Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited April 11, 2007 in SmugMug Support
hi

please please can someone help me, i cant get into my smugmug page, i put in this JS

function redirectPath() { re = /(xxxxxx.smugmug.com)/; tmp = window.location.href; if (re.test(tmp)) { tmp = tmp.replace(re, 'www.xxxxx'); window.location.href = tmp; } }redirectPath();

i did this to try and change the domain name, and i cant back into my account to take it out ... it appears i have lost everything .. please can someone help me get back into the page, i can log into smugmug but when i click on my photo's or homepage it directs me elsewhere .. please i dont know what to do.

thank you for your time in advance ive messed up so badly.

S :)

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    smudge wrote:
    hi

please please can someone help me, i cant get into my smugmug page, i put in this JS

function redirectPath() { re = /(acsphotos.smugmug.com)/; tmp = window.location.href; if (re.test(tmp)) { tmp = tmp.replace(re, 'www.thephotopeople.co.uk'); window.location.href = tmp; } }redirectPath();

i did this to try and change the domain name, and i cant back into my account to take it out ... it appears i have lost everything .. please can someone help me get back into the page, i can log into smugmug but when i click on my photo's or homepage it directs me elsewhere .. please i dont know what to do.

www.acsphotos.smugmug.com.

thank you for your time in advance ive messed up so badly.

standby, i'm going in...
    edited March 30, 2007
    I took this out:

function redirectPath() {
    re = /(acsphotos.smugmug.com)/;
    tmp = window.location.href;
    if (re.test(tmp)) {
    tmp = tmp.replace(re, 'www.thephotopeople.co.uk');
    window.location.href = tmp;
    }
    }
    redirectPath();

You're all set. What *exactly* was your goal with this code? If you let us know, we may be able to help you get what you want thumb.gif
  • smudgesmudge Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    standby, i'm going in...

thank you so much, i tried to copy what its showing on the domanin name site but its not copying .... any help would be so grately appreciated thank you

S :)bowdown.gif
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    standby, i'm going in...

Definitely a 'Super-Hero' response! wings.gif
    edited March 30, 2007
    smudge wrote:
    The girls whose site this is that im trying to work on, they have a bought a domanin name from Free parking, its www.thephotopeople.co.uk and im trying to set it up that when ppl type that url it directs to the smugmug page.

i contacted free parking asking them for a CNAME a few days ago but unfortunatley to no avail.

Thank you for taking that code out so that i can get back into the account.

You'll have to set a CNAME first. At this time, there are no CNAMEs set for that domain name. Is it possible to change the settings yourself? Or does the domain registrar need to do it?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif Ivar to the resQu000000000000!
    edited March 30, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    lol3.gif
    edited March 30, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    You'll have to set a CNAME first. At this time, there are no CNAMEs set for that domain name. Is it possible to change the settings yourself? Or does the domain registrar need to do it?

wow your responses are amazingly fast, wings.gif ... as you can prob see from many of my posts this is very new and allien to me, ive never tried to switch a domain name over before and therefore have been swotting up on pages seeing what it is that i have to do. I read on here the informaiton about the CNAME and contacted FreeParking to ask them for one with step by step instructions, but they havnet replied. in there FAQ they have a DNS Manager which they suggest for changing codes, however without any instructions i find myself totally baffled, so im hoping they reply to my mail eventually.

if its any help this link is what they give in general
    http://support.freeparking.co.uk/

thank you again for yr prompt response in this matter, and any suggestions would be soo appreicated, thanks again

edited March 30, 2007
    smudge wrote:
    wow your responses are amazingly fast, wings.gif ... as you can prob see from many of my posts this is very new and allien to me, ive never tried to switch a domain name over before and therefore have been swotting up on pages seeing what it is that i have to do. I read on here the informaiton about the CNAME and contacted FreeParking to ask them for one with step by step instructions, but they havnet replied. in there FAQ they have a DNS Manager which they suggest for changing codes, however without any instructions i find myself totally baffled, so im hoping they reply to my mail eventually.

if its any help this link is what they give in general
    http://support.freeparking.co.uk/

thank you again for yr prompt response in this matter, and any suggestions would be soo appreicated, thanks again

If you have the username/password for the domain registration, and don't mind giving them to us we can set it for you. We do this quite a bit actually. Email us at the helpdesk with the details, and we'll get you sorted thumb.gif
    edited March 30, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    If you have the username/password for the domain registration, and don't mind giving them to us we can set it for you. We do this quite a bit actually. Email us at the helpdesk with the details, and we'll get you sorted thumb.gif

thank you so much i will send that over to you now, wow you guys are truely amazing. thanking you again ...

S :)bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

ps, ive just sent it over, addressed to yourself, hope it comes through ok... thank you again ....
    edited March 30, 2007
    smudge wrote:
    thank you so much i will send that over to you now, wow you guys are truely amazing. thanking you again ...

S :)bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

ps, ive just sent it over, addressed to yourself, hope it comes through ok... thank you again ....
    you're welcome :D

I've made the changes to the domain registration (it took a little searching, the setup of the registrar is not the most userfriendly I've ever seen.
    The changes may take up to 48 hours to take effect. If the domain is not acting as it should by that time, please email me again.

Hope this helps.
    edited March 30, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    you're welcome :D

I've made the changes to the domain registration (it took a little searching, the setup of the registrar is not the most userfriendly I've ever seen.
    The changes may take up to 48 hours to take effect. If the domain is not acting as it should by that time, please email me again.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for all your time and help, i hope it didnt inconvenience you to much where its not a very user friendly site, unfortuantely my friend bought the domain without obtaining this knowledge otherwise i would have steered her in the direction of your suggested domanis that are more user friendly..... I will keep an eye on the domain and if for any reason after 48 hours its not up and running then ill drop you line as requested.

thanking you so much for all your time, effort and super fast response.

thank you clap.gifbowdown.gifwings.gifbowdown.gif

edited April 11, 2007
    hi

is it possible please to remove this question from the thread as it keeps coming up in google searches and the last thing i want is for clients to see the words 'ive lost everything'

i tried to go to the very first entry of what i originally wrote and it wouldnt allow me to delete it, please if any of the smug mug team can do this i would be very grateful thank you.

the same on this thread too ...Final tweaks, any advise please? thank you ... if not can the photo people be taken out of the text not written by me in order for this to not show up in results thanks :)