Best way to upload photos from OSX and Lightroom

hiroProtagonisthiroProtagonist Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited August 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I realize that it may be some time until there is a plugin for Lightroom for uploading photos directly to Smugmug, but what is my best option in the meantime? I'm going to give smug browser a try, but was wondering if there is a way to FTP my pics to my account?
"But you and I, we’ve been through that, and this is not our fate. - Dylan 1968"

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    Hi, wave.gif welcome :D

There is no FTP option.

Universal Drag and Drop, and then any of the other uploaders here (including SmugBrowser) are available: http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/SmugMugHacksAndApps
  • legolaslegolas Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    I realize that it may be some time until there is a plugin for Lightroom for uploading photos directly to Smugmug, but what is my best option in the meantime? I'm going to give smug browser a try, but was wondering if there is a way to FTP my pics to my account?

I am looking for a plugin that tightly integrate sMugMug with Adobe Lightoorm.
    Indeed i think it is essential to be able to synchronize Ligtroom albums and collections with smugmug.

Is there any plan for such plugin?

Thanks
  • BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    legolas wrote:
    Indeed i think it is essential to be able to synchronize Ligtroom albums and collections with smugmug.

Thanks
    I think the hackers out there are waiting for Adobe to release the Lightroom SDK (software development kit) so they can get to work on this. I'm sure it won't be long after that tools to do just what you ask are readily available.
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    uploading photos directly to Smugmug, but what is my best option in the meantime? I'm going to give smug browser a try, but was wondering if there is a way to FTP my pics to my account?

What I do is use the standalone OS X uploader and just drag photos into it. No need to find the images on the desktop, you can drag selected images straight from the thumbnail window in Lightroom, Bridge, iView, etc directly into the uploader. One step...much easier than FTP.

Sure, I would prefer 2-way sync when the Lightroom SDK and plug-in come out, but until then, at least the uploading part is already painless. I wish photo replacement was as easy.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
  • pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    Andy wrote:

OK, now I'm curious. Someone needs to share some details once they figure it out.
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Andy wrote:

nope!
    (especially the bit about 'outouts in to web file sizes')
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Simon King wrote:
    nope!
    (especially the bit about 'outouts in to web file sizes')
    "OutPuts" maybe ?
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • joglejogle Registered Users Posts: 422 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    I've tried the method explained in the blog under osx. The standalone Smugmug Uploader app for osx doesn't accept files at lauch, only when they are drag+dropped onto it. So you can't launch it from lightroom like B.Young does in windows.

So I grabbed an api key yesterday and am looking into rewriting the osx uploader as an automator action. It'll take me a wee bit as I'm working 70+ hour weeks for the next month and I'm new to applescript. But I'll get it working somehow.
    jamesOgle photography
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." -A.Adams[/FONT]
  • wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Andy wrote:

I'm betting he's using SendToSmugmug. Just a guess, but it fits the bill of what he's talking about.
  • NavyMooseNavyMoose Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited August 9, 2007
    Does anyone know if Adobe put out the SDK for Lightoom yet? I'm looking forward to being able to build my gallery with LR and uploading the whole thing wings.gif

legolas wrote:

Thanks
    Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution.--
    Ansel Adams