Options

A Look out of the office

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited March 30, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
End of the day and still couldn't find any patents for Al Gore. Must not be looking hard enough.

So, I turned off the lights and shot the building outside my window at about 8:00pm.

Converted to HDR - had never done this before. Its not a great shot, but it is neat to see the range output.

And with a curves layer thrown in for kicks:

EDIT: Image(s) removed. See my gallery for image(s).

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    End of the day and still couldn't find any patents for Al Gore. Must not be looking hard enough.
    So, I turned off the lights and shot the building outside my window at about 8:00pm.
    Converted to HDR - had never done this before. Its not a great shot, but it is neat to see the range output.
    And with a curves layer thrown in for kicks:

Is that building under construction?
    .....or is just the way the lights are reflecting off it? ... Skippy.

I still can't figure out HDR, no matter how many images I put together,
    under exposed and over exposed ..... even tried 7 it tells me there is not enough ummm I forget what the word was to create a constructive HDR ne_nau.gif ... and I think to myself impossible!

My assortment range to near on total darkness right through to extremely bright and blown out headscratch.gif ...... ohhhh well.
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Is that building under construction?
    .....or is just the way the lights are reflecting off it? ... Skippy.

Yup - condominiums I believe. Too much $$$$ for my salary.
    I still can't figure out HDR, no matter how many images I put together, under exposed and over exposed ..... even tried 7 it tells me there is not enough ummm I forget what the word was to create a constructive HDR ne_nau.gif ... and I think to myself impossible!

My assortment range to near on total darkness right through to extremely bright and blown out headscratch.gif ...... ohhhh well.

I tried it once before and got the same error, whatever it was called. This time I got lucky I guess.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2007
    I thought it was a garage building Laughing.gif. Cool shots!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8