Options

Cute Girls!! C&C ALWAYS

Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
edited April 5, 2007 in People
I got the chance the photograph these cute girls last week!!
The one with the red curls.......her hair was so amazinly red...I hope I captured it true enough! I honestly think it looks true to match!

Both of these girls were so much fun!! We did a few shots at my home
and then we went down to a lake/park for some fun!!

Please let me know what you think.

139826309-S.jpg

139826633-S.jpg

139826807-S-1.jpg

139826706-S.jpg

139826193-S.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Heather

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2007
    Heather, the last one really stands out. It's a terrific B&W (on my glossy Mac monitor) and you've absolutely caught her beauty.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2007
    Nice shots! I love the last one. Great lighting and conversion. It seems to glow.
  • Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2007
    I love the last one too. :)
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2007
    Very nice Heather
    You've captured some great moments. I agree on the last B&W conversion. Quite beautiful. Super shootin.clap.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2007
    Thanks ya'll!!
    I really like the last one too, but I can't seem to get the dark under her eyes just right. I think it needs to be lightened but when i try, it is VERY obvious.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!!
    Heather
  • Options
    destesdestes Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif with everone else, the last one is great. I don't think that the darkness under her eyes is too much, to me it gives the face a bit of depth. I like all of the pics just because they don't look "posed" in any way, very natural, like they're just out having a fun day at the park. Very well done. clap.gifthumb.gifwings.gif :ivar
    Dale

Canon 30d
    EF 28-105mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM II
    EF 100-300mm 1:4.5-5.6 USM
    Speedlight 380EX
    Sekonic L-28c2 Studio Deluxe

http://photography.daleestes.com
  • Options
    jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    Hope you don't mind something more in depth from me!

#1 - VERY cute pose! The color seems off and it's a bit flat. I think if you bring up the brights and midtones a bit and add a little contrast, you may do two things - bring some punch to the photo and also reduce the dark under her eyes. I think it's natural to have some in that photo, but maybe not quite as much as you do.

#2 - I love this shot! My eye does keep getting drawn to the green in the background, though, so maybe PS it out or turn it to B&W? They are so precious!

#3 - Awesome! Maybe a *tad* too dark, but I like the edginess of that and i've been getting into really high contrast lately, too, so I just love it. Wonderful!

#4 - Aside from cutting off the hair and feet, I really love it. Great, fun pose. If you can't get the feet/hair back, I'd try a closer crop to see if it looks a bit more deliberate - and you'll see their faces better!

#5 - Perfection! Just love, love it!!!

Overall, I just love these! I love your style.... wonderful!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    Kate,

Great stuff as always. Now as to that last shot, removing the dark under her eyes is dirt simple.

Just brush away the dark.

Use the dodge tool, set it for shadows, and about 25% to 50% opacity, play with varios brushes, and sizes to learn this tool and taylor your results.

Sam
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    Nice conversions
    I really like the 2nd one too. I think it's a great smiley portrait. These will be fun for the girls to look at when they hit 20 and don't think Mom is so dumb after all (oh, you'll be really dumb when they hit 13 rolleyes1.gif). Nice shots.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552