Options

30 miles off the coast...

RuskieRuskie Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited February 21, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
And this little pretty lands on my finger. Actually about 36 miles directly south of Gulfport out in the Gulf.
When ya gotta land, ya1254014-M.jpg gotta land!

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited February 19, 2004
    Ruskie wrote:
    And this little pretty lands on my finger. Actually about 36 miles directly south of Gulfport out in the Gulf.
    If I can ever find it I have a similar picture from Lake Michigan - but the lander on my boat was a bat - boy - was it confused or what...... I have had birds do the same thing as have you I suspect. Like you said - When you really GOTTA LAND, anywhere will do!

Makes me miss a nice warm day fishing on the water offshore...
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2004
    rolleyes1.gif Great shot, Ruskerdoo. Don't some butterflies migrate hundreds of miles?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif Great shot, Ruskerdoo. Don't some butterflies migrate hundreds of miles?
    Monarchs migrate a couple of thousand miles.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    Well, thousands are made up of hundreds.:D
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    Ruskie wrote:
    Nice shot Mike. You coming over in May for the EWADVrider Fest?
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2004
    hutchman wrote:
    Nice shot Mike. You coming over in May for the EWADVrider Fest?
    Thanks Hutch! Hope you have been getting my emails??
    May 22nd is taken but the rest of the month is open. When is it?
  • Options
    hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2004
    Mike,

I have not been getting emails. The last one was shortly after the boat show.

The EWADVrider Fest will be the weekend of May 7-9. This year we'll stay at Horne Rapids Park. It has a much nicer camping area with mild off-road riding in the park. I think the riding will be oriented more towards big GSes. More twisty highways with less hard cord dirt and rocks.

I'm busy on the 22 also - getting on a big boat for Alaska. We're celebrating our 31st Anv. Woo Hoo!

Hutch
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2004
    hutchman wrote:
    Mike,

I have not been getting emails. The last one was shortly after the boat show.

The EWADVrider Fest will be the weekend of May 7-9. This year we'll stay at Horne Rapids Park. It has a much nicer camping area with mild off-road riding in the park. I think the riding will be oriented more towards big GSes. More twisty highways with less hard cord dirt and rocks.

I'm busy on the 22 also - getting on a big boat for Alaska. We're celebrating our 31st Anv. Woo Hoo!

Hutch
    I should be there.
    We are on our 30th. Have fun!!