Options

45th Anniversary

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited April 3, 2007 in People
My mom and dad have been married 45 years today. We went for dinner last night. The restaraunt was busy, dark and noisy. The food was, as my dad would say, fair to middlin'. I took the camera:

140052699-M.jpg

140052774-M.jpg

140052783-M.jpg

My nephew, not used to me and my camera, doesn't know how to dodge the lens
140052829-M.jpg

There was a metal bead curtain behind him - I like the effect in this shot
140052722-M.jpg

My oldest
140052757-M.jpg

And the anniversary couple - I doubt my dad heard a thing all night. My mom has recently been diagnosed with emphysema - in many ways she is a 'do not smoke' advert - she isn't nearly as old as she looks
140052820-M.jpg

Overall, it was a nice evening out. My kids are finally old enough that they can be taken out once in a while!!!:D

ann

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 1, 2007
    congrats to your mom and dad-

has your mom quit smoking?-

if not, it's never too late-

hope you can keep them around for a long time-
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    My mom and dad have been married 45 years today. We went for dinner last night. The restaraunt was busy, dark and noisy. The food was, as my dad would say, fair to middlin'. I took the camera:

My nephew, not used to me and my camera, doesn't know how to dodge the lens

There was a metal bead curtain behind him - I like the effect in this shot

My oldest

And the anniversary couple - I doubt my dad heard a thing all night. My mom has recently been diagnosed with emphysema - in many ways she is a 'do not smoke' advert - she isn't nearly as old as she looks

Overall, it was a nice evening out. My kids are finally old enough that they can be taken out once in a while!!!:D

ann

Hi Ann,
    Congratulations to your Mum and Dad on their Anniversary clap.gif

Glad you can take your kids out now and then, but I have a plan mwink.gif
    Lets leave them allllllllll at home and take off to Glacier National Park :D
    How bout September ?? September's good for me :D

I'll bring them over a tube of vegemite to explore while we are gone thumb.gif
    That's if customs don't nab it off me at the airport.

Take Care Ann...... glad you had a good night ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2007
    Love the wine shot!! Very moody :D

At least your dad has good food review expression....my father-in-law tells my mother-in-law that her food is adequate........and she is a wonderful Italian cook!!!!!!! That woman can make a 4 course meal out of a head of lettuce!

Many congrats to your folks!!

Heather
  • Options
    edited April 1, 2007
    Hi George, and Thanks. Mom has 'mostly' quit, but the damage (to my knowledge) isn't reversible. She has had a rough few months, lost a sister, neice and uncle since December,as well as being diagnosed.

I hope that they are around many more years -dad is 70 and still works fulltime - they need to retire and have some own time.

ann
    gefillmore wrote:
    congrats to your mom and dad-

has your mom quit smoking?-

if not, it's never too late-

hope you can keep them around for a long time-
  • Options
    edited April 2, 2007
    Thanks, skippy

Your plan to escape and go to Glacier is a great one!!!
    Vegemite prolly won't keep them occupied too long, but it sure won't be my problem for those 10 or 14 days, now will it!!!!!!!!

ann

Skippy wrote:
    Hi Ann,
    Congratulations to your Mum and Dad on their Anniversary clap.gif

Glad you can take your kids out now and then, but I have a plan mwink.gif
    Lets leave them allllllllll at home and take off to Glacier National Park :D
    How bout September ?? September's good for me :D

I'll bring them over a tube of vegemite to explore while we are gone thumb.gif
    That's if customs don't nab it off me at the airport.

Take Care Ann...... glad you had a good night ... Skippy
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2007
    Thanks, Heather.
    Its funny how men of that generation cannot express the positive - my dad never gives anything a better rating than 'okay'. He thinks if it is good enough, just saying something is all he needs to do.

The wine shot was shot with the challenge in mind - for stately. But I didn't think it strong enough ...of course, the one I entered isn't really either......

Love the wine shot!! Very moody :D

At least your dad has good food review expression....my father-in-law tells my mother-in-law that her food is adequate........and she is a wonderful Italian cook!!!!!!! That woman can make a 4 course meal out of a head of lettuce!

Many congrats to your folks!!

Heather