Sig from Custom shape question

GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
edited April 3, 2007 in Finishing School
I saw how to make your sig a custom shape in Photoshop Magazine......I've done it and it works great!

Now the question is....how do I make it perm in my custom shapes??

I make it....get it in the custom shape pallet....shut down CS2 and when I restart....it's gone! :scratch

This is causing me to say some bad words!! :splat
Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/

Comments

• webelevywebelevy Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 3, 2007
    If I'm not mistaken, you have to save the workspace.
    I saw how to make your sig a custom shape in Photoshop Magazine......I've done it and it works great!

Now the question is....how do I make it perm in my custom shapes??

I make it....get it in the custom shape pallet....shut down CS2 and when I restart....it's gone! headscratch.gif

This is causing me to say some bad words!! :splat
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    There might be a better way to do this, but the following procedure will work:
    1. Draw your sig and define it as a custom shape as you did before
    2. In the Edit menu, select Preset Manager...
    3. In the Preset Manager dialog under Preset Type: select Custom Shapes
    4. The dialog will show all the current custom shapes. Find your shape and click on it to select it.
    5. Optional you can shift+click or control+click (command+click on a Mac) to select any other shapes to save with your custom shape.
    6. Click on Save Set...
    7. Choose a file name for your custom shape file in the Save dialog and then click on Save
    When you restart Photoshop your custom shape set you just created might not get loaded by default. If it didn't, when you open the shape picker there is a context menu (use the little right pointing triangle in the top right of the shape picker.) Use Load Shapes... from the context menu to load your custom shape set you created.

Hope this helps!