First attempt... flower in front yard

fmkjrfmkjr Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited April 2, 2007 in Holy Macro
One of our first nice days and a flower "decided" to show up... We did not plant it but it was too nice to pass up. I do not have a macro lens and shot this with what I had available:
Nikon D50 with 55-200.
Handheld. If I were to do them over I would have attempted to hand hold portrait instead of landscape.

I was a sight to be seen... laying in the mulch attempting to take a picture of this beautiful flower.

I can see how this could be very addicting... I need to convince my wife we don't need a garage door on a garage we are working on... instead I need a good macro lens... Do you think she will buy the story? :dunno

I have to learn more about proper exposure when taking macros. :D
Thanks for looking!
frank
140300051-S.jpg
140300475-S.jpg

140299692-S.jpg
dr.Frank

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 19:1
We now need to not destroy it and capture its beauty for all to behold.

http://www.kendralla.com

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2007
    Frank, what's wrong with the garage door that it can't wait??? headscratch.gif I just got my macro and it's a decent price for a nice piece of glass. Sigma 105 :D I like your first shot the best. 2nd and last have exposure troubles, as you said. I'm learning macro myself and laying on the ground becoming quiet comfortable position.
    Good luck and post some more!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif

Open-air garage!!! You don't need no stinkin' door. :D
  • fmkjrfmkjr Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Frank, what's wrong with the garage door that it can't wait??? headscratch.gif I just got my macro and it's a decent price for a nice piece of glass. Sigma 105 :D I like your first shot the best. 2nd and last have exposure troubles, as you said. I'm learning macro myself and laying on the ground becoming quiet comfortable position.
    Good luck and post some more!
    Thanks!

We are finishing a garage and there is no "door" on it yet...
    We live in the country and who knows I can only imagine what will end up in the garage with no door... :fish

They could make good subjects for pictures.... rolleyes1.gif

Frank
    dr.Frank

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 19:1

edited April 2, 2007
    I agree too!
    RogersDA wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

Open-air garage!!! You don't need no stinkin' door. :D

Yup! I agree too...
    thumb.gif
    Frank
    dr.Frank

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    fmkjr wrote:
    One of our first nice days and a flower "decided" to show up... We did not plant it but it was too nice to pass up. I do not have a macro lens and shot this with what I had available:
    Nikon D50 with 55-200.
    Handheld. If I were to do them over I would have attempted to hand hold portrait instead of landscape.

I was a sight to be seen... laying in the mulch attempting to take a picture of this beautiful flower.

I can see how this could be very addicting... I need to convince my wife we don't need a garage door on a garage we are working on... instead I need a good macro lens... Do you think she will buy the story? ne_nau.gif

I have to learn more about proper exposure when taking macros. :D
    Thanks for looking!
    frank

Frank, it is not good for your health to argue with your wife over the matter
    of the Garage Door Vs Buying a Macro Lens rolleyes1.gif
    Cause you know she's gonna have the last say mate nod.gif

If the Door needs fixing fix it, this could play in your favour later on :D

Flowers will come and go, but if you need to store stuff in the Garage you won't be able to.

After the Garage Door is out the way, well that should leave the gate open to ask for a new lens don't ya think :D

Nice flowers, good luck with the door thumb.gif ..... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited April 2, 2007
    I agree!
    Skippy wrote:
    Frank, it is not good for your health to argue with your wife over the matter
    of the Garage Door Vs Buying a Macro Lens rolleyes1.gif
    Cause you know she's gonna have the last say mate nod.gif

I agree... we have been married nearly 29 years and I know it is much better to agree than disagree... iloveyou.gif

Besides, if I ever get in "hot water" I have a place to stay with a door... ha ha... rolleyes1.gif
    frank
    dr.Frank

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    Laughing.gif That's true, but would it be more fun to have a new lens and cameral with you while you in the "dog house" rolleyes1.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8