Great themes thus far

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited April 2, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I know we're still very early in the game, but insofar the choice of themes has been extremely interesting and challenging. :clap :bow
Definitely beats the living sheet out of everything else I've seen around the 'Net... :wink :thumb
Helps to keep one's on his/her toes, and really works as a great exercise for the subsequent upper level contest tiers. :deal
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    I know we're still very early in the game, but insofar the choice of themes has been extremely interesting and challenging. clap.gifbowdown.gif
    Definitely beats the living sheet out of everything else I've seen around the 'Net... mwink.gifthumb.gif
    Helps to keep one's on his/her toes, and really works as a great exercise for the subsequent upper level contest tiers. deal.gif

You're not whistling Dixie! Talk about mental gymnastics....ok, brainstorming.....to put your fears at rest, I won't be taking a self portrait rolleyes1.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    Boy howdy! I racked my brain for two weeks and kept my eyes open--yet no entry. :cry Just could not come up with something for round 2 at all. I think I'll have better luck with the current one. Definitely challenging themes & they are at least keeping me thinking about it.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    Boy howdy! I racked my brain for two weeks and kept my eyes open--yet no entry. :cry Just could not come up with something for round 2 at all. I think I'll have better luck with the current one. Definitely challenging themes & they are at least keeping me thinking about it.

You know what I just did that his helping me with ideas for #3? Do an online search for the definition and ideas of what others have done. I have several ideas for #3 and I actually think my entry for #2 isn't as strong as it would ahve been had I done that. It's breaking me out of my mold a little!

Also, I've learned taht you just DO it! Even if it's not good, but you enter something - you're one step up!

Anyway, good luck with this one Claudermilk!! :)

I'm excited to do it!
  • BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    The first 2 topics....honestly I was stumped! I just couldn't get creative enough to come up with a decent idea for the contests, but this one has my mind racing with thoughts and ideas. I think this challenge will turn out great results from everyone.
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    Don't be stumped
    Brett wrote:
    The first 2 topics....honestly I was stumped! I just couldn't get creative enough to come up with a decent idea for the contests, but this one has my mind racing with thoughts and ideas. I think this challenge will turn out great results from everyone.

Internet is your friend.

Go to any online Dictionary and check all the multiple meanings of both subjects. Then google Images for each one. This should bring you into the ballpark of what has been already done. Now it's all you and your camera... deal.gifmwink.gif:D
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    As much as I hate to admit it... that's exactly what I was doing with the other challenges. I just couldn't get motivated to produce any photographs. Tomorrow's the big day. I have most of it off so I may treat myself to a new lens. I have my paper infront of me full of ideas to test out.

We'll see.
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    I have a feeling that a lot more people will be finding something to shoot for this round because the subject is somewhat seemingly less obscure. But that's also the challenge - to be able to come up with something that stands out from the crowd and is pleasing to the judges.

It's definitely an interesting competition and continues to stretch everyone's imagination and capabilities which in my books makes it a brilliant competition.clap.gif
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course