Options

A Couple Shots...

upstatesnapshotupstatesnapshot Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited April 4, 2007 in People
Greetings...I took a few pics yesterday and am hoping for some advice on what I can do to modify them...

Thanks!

140331259-M.jpg

140331374-M.jpg

140331689-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited April 3, 2007
    Are they that far gone??? :slosh
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    You gave it less than 24hrs for comments... ne_nau.gif

They look fine to me. Keep on keepin' on. Straighten your horizon on the 3rd shot.
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2007
    Owen wrote:
    You gave it less than 24hrs for comments... ne_nau.gif

They look fine to me. Keep on keepin' on. Straighten your horizon on the 3rd shot.

Thanks man...for some reason I cant tell if I like them or not and got impatient...normally I either like the pics or not, this time, I have landed in the middle...

Thanks again
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    First thing, I think these shots are actually very nice. You asked for comments to help improve, well, looking at your shots:
    • Boat - The horizon is flat (good) but I think this would have been better had you not included quite so much of the sky. It appears to be blown and the near aspect of the boat is more than just a little under exposed. To fix: maybe you can do some dodging to lighten up the shadowed portions oft the boat?
    • The Man - His right hand is blown and his face is shadowed a bit. Maybe dodge the face about 1/2 to 2/3 stop? Also, his right thumb is a orphan. I'm thinking that cropping/cloning that out would improve the shot. If you have more room in the original to the left of the guy, including a bit more of that might improve it by giving him a bit more room in which to breath.
    • The fishing pier - Only two things I might do to improve this - straighten the horizon and include more of the tips of the fishing rods if you have some more of the image to the left.
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2007
    Thanks alot for the suggestions Scott....truly appreciated! I will get to work on some modifications tonight and repost. Thanks again.

Joe
  • Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    1st one is really good, and the 2/3 are so-so, but nice job overall.
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2007
    Thanks for the inputs Mike...much appreciated.

Joe