can't view homepage slideshow in safari web browser

pics-ellpics-ell Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited April 2, 2007 in SmugMug Support
i just got a macbook (had been using a pc with firefox) and i'm unable to see the slideshow that i have on my homepage. it is playing on the pc and i'm kind of thinking it is a problem with the safari web browser, but i was just wondering if anyone knew if maybe there was a setting i could change to be able to view it. i can see the slideshow that i've forced in my "contact" area so i'm just not sure why the one on the home page can't be seen. i realize this most likely isn't an actual smugmug problem, but was hoping one of you tech heads might know a solution. thanks...
pics-ell.smugmug.com
pics-ell

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    pics-ell wrote:
    i just got a macbook (had been using a pc with firefox) and i'm unable to see the slideshow that i have on my homepage. it is playing on the pc and i'm kind of thinking it is a problem with the safari web browser, but i was just wondering if anyone knew if maybe there was a setting i could change to be able to view it. i can see the slideshow that i've forced in my "contact" area so i'm just not sure why the one on the home page can't be seen. i realize this most likely isn't an actual smugmug problem, but was hoping one of you tech heads might know a solution. thanks...
    pics-ell.smugmug.com
    You have a lot of elements duped in your theme and CSS. I'd start by
    combining all your CSS in the CSS customize box and organize it there.
    They're a few items that don't seem to exist, at least I've never seen them.

The slideshow you have in your contact gallery is the style set for that
    gallery and is independent of the slideshow code in your footer and js.
    There it defines the slideshow to your biobox.
    i.e. slideshowContainerId = "bioBox";

You're missing some of the javascript slideshow code, no cookie info at
    bottom. I would re-paste in the code from the latest text file version 0.58
    and see if that gets it running.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • pics-ellpics-ell Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    You have a lot of elements duped in your theme and CSS. I'd start by
    combining all your CSS in the CSS customize box and organize it there.
    They're a few items that don't seem to exist, at least I've never seen them.

The slideshow you have in your contact gallery is the style set for that
    gallery and is independent of the slideshow code in your footer and js.
    There it defines the slideshow to your biobox.
    i.e. slideshowContainerId = "bioBox";

You're missing some of the javascript slideshow code, no cookie info at
    bottom. I would re-paste in the code from the latest text file version 0.58
    and see if that gets it running.

thanks for responding. got a few questions... i thought the beauty of css was that you didn't have to get rid of old stuff, but maybe i'm not understanding what you mean when you're talking about duped elements. i haven't done any customization in a while, so all the code stuff i "learned" when i was doing that everyday to get my site up is buried deep somewhere in the nether regions of my gray matter.

didn't realize i was missing some code... where do i find that again? sorry, not to come off like an idiot, i just really haven't done this in a while. and what's this i'm reading in the hacks thread about smugmug slideshow pro? might that be a better way to go?

thanks
    pics-ell
    edited April 2, 2007
    pics-ell wrote:
    thanks for responding. got a few questions... i thought the beauty of css was that you didn't have to get rid of old stuff, but maybe i'm not understanding what you mean when you're talking about duped elements. i haven't done any customization in a while, so all the code stuff i "learned" when i was doing that everyday to get my site up is buried deep somewhere in the nether regions of my gray matter.

didn't realize i was missing some code... where do i find that again? sorry, not to come off like an idiot, i just really haven't done this in a while. and what's this i'm reading in the hacks thread about smugmug slideshow pro? might that be a better way to go?

thanks
    The smugmug slideshow pro,SmugSSP , I think is for use with other sites.

I hear ya, unless you work with this everyday it is a bit confusing. The first
    about 29 lines are the same in your CSS and theme. Usually the theme will
    generically define you pages and the CSS is used for any differences and
    overrides any common elements in the theme. So, if in both, the CSS one is
    redundant if exactly the same and is just overriding itself.
    Make any sense?headscratch.gif

In the slideshow thread here message #2 has the txt file for download. It
    gets pasted in the js "as is" no changes.
    edited April 2, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    The smugmug slideshow pro,SmugSSP , I think is for use with other sites.

I hear ya, unless you work with this everyday it is a bit confusing. The first
    about 29 lines are the same in your CSS and theme. Usually the theme will
    generically define you pages and the CSS is used for any differences and
    overrides any common elements in the theme. So, if in both, the CSS one is
    redundant if exactly the same and is just overriding itself.
    Make any sense?headscratch.gif

In the slideshow thread here message #2 has the txt file for download. It
    gets pasted in the js "as is" no changes.

arrrrgggghhhhh... not sure what happened. i thought all i did was replace the old javascript for the slideshow with the new, but somehow now there is definitely NO slideshow and my old "under construction" message appears. HELP, please!
    pics-ell
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    pics-ell wrote:
    arrrrgggghhhhh... not sure what happened. i thought all i did was replace the old javascript for the slideshow with the new, but somehow now there is definitely NO slideshow and my old "under construction" message appears. HELP, please!
    Ellen, you are all FIXED :D

You just didn't have the updated footer code, I put that in for you wave.gif
    edited April 2, 2007
    pics-ell wrote:
    It seems to be working find now, maybe cookies cleared. Check the browser
    you originally had a problem with and see if it's ok.
    edited April 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Ellen, you are all FIXED :D

You just didn't have the updated footer code, I put that in for you wave.gif

thanks....i guess i need to check this forum a little more often than i have been so i am aware of these updates! silly me...mwink.gif
    pics-ell