Help with Editing Text Fields

kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
edited April 3, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Why once I insert text into a caption field can I not click the "Edit" button within the gallery to change it? When I click the "edit" the whole page goes blank. I can only edit it by going into Tools>Customize Gallery. What am I doing wrong?

All of the different "jounal" entry fields in this gallery
http://www.wildearthilluminations.com/gallery/1757637/1/125571827
do the same thing when I click the edit button.

Second question, in the primary caption at the top of the page called,

"2007 - Photography & Conservation Tours
Vancouver Island Bears & Eagles"

I have the main text body font size at "3", which I like. But in the next caption field down called "2007 - Field Trip Dates & Locations", I also have the font size at "3", yet it has somehow gone "bold". I don't want it bold, how can I change this in all the caption fields.

Hope this makes sense.

thanks shane

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    Support Heroine Barb will be on the job in a few minutes thumb.gif
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 2, 2007
    Why once I insert text into a caption field can I not click the "Edit" button within the gallery to change it? When I click the "edit" the whole page goes blank. I can only edit it by going into Tools>Customize Gallery. What am I doing wrong?

All of the different "jounal" entry fields in this gallery
    http://www.wildearthilluminations.com/gallery/1757637/1/125571827
    do the same thing when I click the edit button.

Second question, in the primary caption at the top of the page called,

"2007 - Photography & Conservation Tours
    Vancouver Island Bears & Eagles"

I have the main text body font size at "3", which I like. But in the next caption field down called "2007 - Field Trip Dates & Locations", I also have the font size at "3", yet it has somehow gone "bold". I don't want it bold, how can I change this in all the caption fields.

Hope this makes sense.

thanks shane

Hi Shane,

I had a look at just a couple of your captions and the problem is you have some unclosed <div> tags. Whenever you have a <div> or any kind, you must also have a </div> Also, if you are going to use font tags, i.e., <font size="3">, then you must also close those tags by using a </font>.

Go through and make sure you have closed all of those and you'll be fine.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2007
    Barb wrote:
    Hi Shane,

I had a look at just a couple of your captions and the problem is you have some unclosed <div> tags. Whenever you have a <div> or any kind, you must also have a </div> Also, if you are going to use font tags, i.e., <font size="3">, then you must also close those tags by using a </font>.

Go through and make sure you have closed all of those and you'll be fine.

Hi Barb

I sort of got it. But why does the field keep displaying in "Bold"

<html>
    <div align="center">
    <font size="5"><br>Accessing the Bears<br><br>
    </font>
    </div>
    <div align="left">
    <p><font size="3">For the first time ever Wild Earth Illuminations is offering an exceptionally rare opportunity for small groups of four photographers to venture into remote river systems on Vancouver Island to photograph wild black bears and bald eagles in their nature habitat. Currently no other organization offers professionally guided tours into these pristine river systems of Vancouver Island to document and capture bear and eagle participation in the miraculous unfolding of the yearly salmon spawn. This extraordinary occasion offers abundant and unprecedented opportunity to observe black bears and eagles in close proximity on our daily excursions.</p>

<p>Wild Earth Illuminations along with the expert guidance of Ex-stream Guide Services will offer a trip you will never forget. Regardless of the weather conditions, (well a hurricane may stop us) opportunities to photograph bears, eagles and other abundant local wildlife will be provided. All wet weather equipment will be provided, boots, hip-waders, and jackets, inclement weather will not stop us from providing you with opportunities for spectacular photos. Likewise severe weather may delay a scheduled shoot for obvious safety reasons.</p>

<p> If weather and water levels permit, (all we need is 8 inches!) Ex-stream guide services provide jet boat excursions up and down the river systems offering access to a truly unigue water level perspective of the local wildlife. Typically we manouver the boat up river for a few miles then quietly and gently allow these life giving currents to return us back down the river. It is on our silent retreat down river that magical moments occur, rare photographic opportunities can occur around every bend in the river as we snake our way down the river. </p>

<p>If we are unable to access the river via jet boat, we will access it by foot. Scott Blewett of Ex-stream Guide Services has worked this area for years and know it inside and out, he know where the bears like to frequent and all of their favorite fishing spots. A covered blind may be used on the occasional sit a wait situation, other wise we continually scourer by foot the common hotspots for the best activity and light. Seldom does an morning or evening shoot pass without numerous incredible photographic opportunities.</p>
    </font>
    </div>
    </html>

Thanks shane
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 3, 2007
    Hi Barb

I sort of got it. But why does the field keep displaying in "Bold"

<html>
    <div align="center">
    <font size="5"><br>Accessing the Bears<br><br>
    </font>
    </div>
    <div align="left">
    <p><font size="3">For the first time ever Wild Earth Illuminations is offering an exceptionally rare opportunity for small groups of four photographers to venture into remote river systems on Vancouver Island to photograph wild black bears and bald eagles in their nature habitat. Currently no other organization offers professionally guided tours into these pristine river systems of Vancouver Island to document and capture bear and eagle participation in the miraculous unfolding of the yearly salmon spawn. This extraordinary occasion offers abundant and unprecedented opportunity to observe black bears and eagles in close proximity on our daily excursions.</p>

<p>Wild Earth Illuminations along with the expert guidance of Ex-stream Guide Services will offer a trip you will never forget. Regardless of the weather conditions, (well a hurricane may stop us) opportunities to photograph bears, eagles and other abundant local wildlife will be provided. All wet weather equipment will be provided, boots, hip-waders, and jackets, inclement weather will not stop us from providing you with opportunities for spectacular photos. Likewise severe weather may delay a scheduled shoot for obvious safety reasons.</p>

<p> If weather and water levels permit, (all we need is 8 inches!) Ex-stream guide services provide jet boat excursions up and down the river systems offering access to a truly unigue water level perspective of the local wildlife. Typically we manouver the boat up river for a few miles then quietly and gently allow these life giving currents to return us back down the river. It is on our silent retreat down river that magical moments occur, rare photographic opportunities can occur around every bend in the river as we snake our way down the river. </p>

<p>If we are unable to access the river via jet boat, we will access it by foot. Scott Blewett of Ex-stream Guide Services has worked this area for years and know it inside and out, he know where the bears like to frequent and all of their favorite fishing spots. A covered blind may be used on the occasional sit a wait situation, other wise we continually scourer by foot the common hotspots for the best activity and light. Seldom does an morning or evening shoot pass without numerous incredible photographic opportunities.</p>
    </font>
    </div>
    </html>

Thanks shane

Hi Shane,

Here ya go. The caption is actually set with CSS and is currently set at font-weight: bold.

Place this in your CSS code:

#caption, .caption {
    font-weight: normal;
    }

See if that gets you what you are looking for :)
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign