USA Girls' Ice Hockey Championships

blobblob Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited April 4, 2007 in Sports
The USA girls ice hockey championships were held last week at Logitech Ice in San Jose, California. Here are a couple of shots from the under-19 semifinals:

140721125-L.jpg

140723361-L.jpg

The lighting was all over the place (tungsten lights cycling through the colors) and pretty dim. I put up some more pictures at http://blob.smugmug.com/gallery/2660406

Comments

• RevLinePhotoRevLinePhoto Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    I like number two it has a great story to it. I also have trouble shooting hockey especialy when it comes to white ballance thinking next time I go I will probly try and shoot raw. Any tips on settings? This is one of my hockey shots.
    41258092-M.jpg

Ryan
    BMW Tech
    Live life to its fullest you never know whats in your future.
    WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Raise your hand if you love hockey!

135842683-M-1.jpg

yeah shooting in those little rinks can be a pain, the light is so uneven. Then again the vast majority of the college games I cover has the same problem just with better light (but still uneven).

I just shot the NCAA East regional in a DUNGEON, so you never know the conditions, and they clearly dont reflect the caliber of the tenant. Just know this master hockey and all the other sports become a breeeze!!!!
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Oh my! you were in my neck of the woods! Let me know if you're shooting there again and I'll love to met you. As always, wonderful! thumb.gif

Logitech Ice has the best lighting in the bay area...
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    aktse wrote:
    Oh my! you were in my neck of the woods! Let me know if you're shooting there again and I'll love to met you. As always, wonderful! thumb.gif

Logitech Ice has the best lighting in the bay area...

Am I? Your profile says your from CA.

but if you want to go out and shoot sports and you are in my area drop me a PM, I am sure we can find something. I dont necessairly have a ton of knowledge since I am self taught and learn by trail and error, but it is always great to work with new people who can enhance your photographic vision.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited April 4, 2007
    San Jose's been the host for a couple of national level events. I didn't stop
    but the place was way more packed than usual.

For those not in the know, Logitech has 4 sheets of ice. All of which are
    well lit (well, except the North side). Anyhow, Logitech is also the home of
    the Sharks training center.

That second shot is really nice!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?