can some one tell me how to do this

naenaenaenae Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited April 28, 2007 in Technique
Being I am new I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I found this picture from a pro and I was wondering how he got the light to shine like that.

Comments

• LuckyBobLuckyBob Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    It's a particular filter on the lens called a star effect filter. They're available with different quantities of points (two to eight, from what a quick scan of B&H's selection seems to be). An example can be found here.
    LuckyBobGallery"You are correct, sir!"
  • naenaenaenae Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 4, 2007
    Thanks
  • ccpickreccpickre Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    naenae wrote:
    Being I am new I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I found this picture from a pro and I was wondering how he got the light to shine like that.

If you have time to experiment, practice messing with the shutter speed settings. I got some nice lense flares without any filters while shooting candles and sunsets on my own just by messig with the shutter speed.

Granted, the candle pictures were at a MUCH slower shutter speed than my sunset ones (or that you could work with on a portrait). You can get lucky and get some nice flare, but they of course won't turn out like the ones with the filters.
    Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    naenae wrote:
    welcome to d/grin naenae. i have removed the photo that you identified as being someone elses. We are carefull here with copywrite issues in reproducing others work without their permission.

Please feel free to simply put a link back into your post leading to the photo.

Tks gus