Options

Fun at Bath Time...

W00DYW00DY Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
edited April 5, 2007 in People
Ok I know.... Another "look at my kids thread".

Well I just HAD to take some photos as I hadn't played with my camera let alone my SB-800 and of course your kids are always there for you :D

Comments / critique MORE than welcome.

140133616-M.jpg

140133682-M.jpg

140133870-M.jpg

Hope I have not bored you to much :) The rest of the photos can be found here: http://thefollans.smugmug.com/gallery/2650719#140133266

Cheers,
W00DY

Comments

• Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    I love shot #2 clap.gif

Shot #1 is nice... It looks like it needed just a touch more light from the front. Notice how the eyes seem a little dark and there's no catch light like you have in shot #2?

Shot #3 is also very nice. I just wish there was a bit more space along the right side. The white background flows very well around your boy but it gets a bit squeezed off along that right edge. Unfortunately the area where the squeeze starts to happen is right where his eyes lead you.

Very nice shots of some beautiful kids!
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2007
    cletus wrote:
    I love shot #2 clap.gif

Shot #1 is nice... It looks like it needed just a touch more light from the front. Notice how the eyes seem a little dark and there's no catch light like you have in shot #2?

Shot #3 is also very nice. I just wish there was a bit more space along the right side. The white background flows very well around your boy but it gets a bit squeezed off along that right edge. Unfortunately the area where the squeeze starts to happen is right where his eyes lead you.

Very nice shots of some beautiful kids!

Thanks for your helpful comments Cletus,

We have #2 as our desktop at the moment.

I agree #3, more room to the right and not the left would have worked better. I always find myslef rushing when taking photos of my kids, composition sometimes gets forgotten rolleyes1.gif

Cheers.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    I looooove bath shots! #2 is a stunner, as others have said. I think I'm going to get out my camera at bathtime tonight! thanks for the inspiration...it's been a while! :D
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    I looooove bath shots! #2 is a stunner, as others have said. I think I'm going to get out my camera at bathtime tonight! thanks for the inspiration...it's been a while! :D

Glad I could provide the inspiration... how about sharing your bah photos?
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    #2 rocks! I just LOVE it!!!

I take way too many bathtime photos! Laughing.gif! Way too many. It's SO much fun seeing the kids have such a great time in the tub!

Try doing #1 in B&W - I think you'll find it has more punch and interest! It's a cute photo, but for some reason the color isn't doing it for me quite as much as it should....

Cute kids! How old are they?
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2007
    #2 rocks! I just LOVE it!!!

I take way too many bathtime photos! Laughing.gif! Way too many. It's SO much fun seeing the kids have such a great time in the tub!

Try doing #1 in B&W - I think you'll find it has more punch and interest! It's a cute photo, but for some reason the color isn't doing it for me quite as much as it should....

Cute kids! How old are they?

Thanks for the comments... I'll convert #1 to B&W later today and post it again, I think you could be right.

Kobi is 4, Sienna is 2. We have just had our third baby (Jett) who is 4 weeks, very hectic family :D