Filters????

kristenkristen Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
edited April 3, 2007 in Technique
Also... For my wedding adventures. I need to know which filters for what? What filter will make the photo softer when I take it? Overall filters, and what they do? THANKS.
Kristen Mendes
www.kristensphoto.com

Comments

• SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    kristen wrote:
    Also... For my wedding adventures. I need to know which filters for what? What filter will make the photo softer when I take it? Overall filters, and what they do? THANKS.
    Put your camera on a pillow when shooting.
    To be honest, most of the shots in your galleries of people are kind of soft already. Stop worrying about the gear that you need. You have a camera (and I hope a speedlight) all you need to take good pictures is a camera, light, and a subject. The rest of the gear is a bennie, but not required to take good pictures.
  • kristenkristen Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Put your camera on a pillow when shooting.
    To be honest, most of the shots in your galleries of people are kind of soft already. Stop worrying about the gear that you need. You have a camera (and I hope a speedlight) all you need to take good pictures is a camera, light, and a subject. The rest of the gear is a bennie, but not required to take good pictures.

A pillow, huh? Hardy har har mwink.gif I do have a speedlight. Be honest about the wedding photos that you saw. How were those?

The one thing that I would like to get before I shoot is a bracket. Think I should?
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Before I post: There is no one difinitive way to shoot and mine is just one opinion.

That being said, brackets are crap. Your better off getting a Gary Fong Lightsphere (just google it). This compliment to your flash, while cumbersome, will add (relatively) nice light to your shots. This is also becoming a standard w/ certain groups of wedding photogs.

I'd post a different thread asking for a critique on your wedding shots so your thread doesn't jump around so much.

-Jon
  • kristenkristen Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Before I post: There is no one difinitive way to shoot and mine is just one opinion.

That being said, brackets are crap. Your better off getting a Gary Fong Lightsphere (just google it). This compliment to your flash, while cumbersome, will add (relatively) nice light to your shots. This is also becoming a standard w/ certain groups of wedding photogs.

I'd post a different thread asking for a critique on your wedding shots so your thread doesn't jump around so much.

-Jon

Thanks.

I appreciate the input.
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com