Photoshop Elements Uploader

snadboysnadboy Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited May 7, 2007 in SmugMug Support
The Photoshop Elements upload interface is proving to be almost unusable...
  • The albums are listed as Category->Album ... When subcategories exist they are not included. For example,
    • Using this structure on SmugMug
      • Category: School
        • SubCategory: Child #1
          • Album: School Portraits
        • SubCategory: Child #2
        • SubCategory: Child #3
    • Results in the following in the SmugMug/Elements upload screen
      • School->Portraits
      • School->Portraits
      • School->Portraits
    • While I may be able to differentiate the albums by the displayed thumbnail, there is no guarantee
  • To further complicate matters the Category->Album identifiers appear to be in no particular order ... Can't they at least be sorted???
    • While this is not a problem if you have only 10 or 20 albums, it becomes a significant time waster as the number of albums increases.
Is there any way to fix the Elements/SmugMug clumsy interface?

Thanks,
Dan Schless

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    Hi, we'll certainly look into it - but subcategory albums are indeed included - I just verified. Please confirm you are NOT seeing a subcat album, and link me to the album? Thanks.
  • snadboysnadboy Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited April 4, 2007
    Elements/SmugMug Upload Interface
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, we'll certainly look into it - but subcategory albums are indeed included - I just verified. Please confirm you are NOT seeing a subcat album, and link me to the album? Thanks.
    I think my original statements were not entirely clear. The sub-category albums are indeed included in the Elements/SmugMug upload interface, however if the album is a child of a sub-category, the name of the sub-category does not appear. For example, I (snadboy.smugmug.com) have an album named 'George Paul' which is in the sub-category 'Misc', which is in the category 'Family' - the Elements/SmugMug upload screen displays only 'Family > George Paul'; the sub-category name is missing. If you reference my previous posting's example about 'School Portraits' you can see how this is confusing.

Thanks,
    Dan Schless
  • snadboysnadboy Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited May 7, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Any updates on this issue?

Thanks