My LPS#3 idea

GranitGranit Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited April 4, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
This might be my first submission for the new contest, easter weekend is coming and I may have more time to shoot.

I really do not care about winning, it is just for fun and experience. I do not think I have what it takes to win anyway. :cry
I learn just by looking at the shots your people take.

My Idea:
My daughter has a broken prismacolor tips collection :scratch, weird but she is 6...They like to collect all kind of things at that age. :dunno

I'm thinking of taking a few of them, all different colors to sync with "irregular", setting them up on white paper, maybe with an half drawn drawing I could ask her to do, with a prismacolor pencil (with broken tip) laying on the drawing.

I would shoot this up close, maybe not even showing the full pencil, with a macro lense, experiementing with DOF.

I would need to take the shot so that the broken prismacolor tips are the main focus of the shot.

OR

A bunch of prismacolor pencil lined up with broken tips, but in front of them different colored tips.

Would the idea of different broken colored tips work for "irregular"?

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Granit,
    Talk is cheap...mwink.gif
    Shoot some examples and show what you've got.
    After all, this is what photography is all about deal.gif
    Good luck!

PS

I had different idea for my LPS#2 entry. I went out with the intention to shoot it and went totally astray when I saw that little oak tree spring.
    I still did a due diligence on my original idea but it turned out to be a dead end. ne_nau.gif
    Bottomline: go and shoot! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    True enough. The best way to get your final result it so post what you have. People will critique it and your perception may change. You may improve the idea a great deal, you may scrap it altogether.
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • GranitGranit Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    Fair enough....he he...

I do not think mixed colors says "irregular", close but not it. But I'll try something this weekend.