Cannot upload large photo

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited April 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm having trouble uploading a 20 x 24 photo to my account. The file is 11MB. The message I receive is "1x1-gray.gifupload problem: > 48Mpix - photo too large "

I have tried two different uploaders with the same results. What does this mean and how do I work around this to upload and print such a large photo?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Mitchell wrote:
    I'm having trouble uploading a 20 x 24 photo to my account. The file is 11MB. The message I receive is "1x1-gray.gifupload problem: > 48Mpix - photo too large "

I have tried two different uploaders with the same results. What does this mean and how do I work around this to upload and print such a large photo?
    It's because the file is larger than 48 megapixels. That's file dimensions - pixels w by pixels h.

Holler if you need more help :)
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    It's because the file is larger than 48 megapixels. That's file dimensions - pixels w by pixels h.

Holler if you need more help :)

I'm trying to order a 20x24 print of the following photo. The pixels are roughly 3000 x 2000. I hope the resolution will be good enough for a print that size. I tried an upsizing algorhythm in an effort to do some smoothing, but that's where I ran afoul of the smugmug size limitations.

114505532-L.jpg
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2007
    Mitchell wrote:
    I'm trying to order a 20x24 print of the following photo. The pixels are roughly 3000 x 2000. I hope the resolution will be good enough for a print that size. I tried an upsizing algorhythm in an effort to do some smoothing, but that's where I ran afoul of the smugmug size limitations.

114505532-L.jpg
    Do not upres. It's not necessary.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Do not upres. It's not necessary.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality

OK, you're the boss.ne_nau.gif