LPS #3, disjointed

ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
edited April 5, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I tried to press my creative limits a bit, and I think I obtained the goal I set for this shot. But I'd like to know what others think, since it is a bit abstract and far from a "typical" photo (especially one of mine).
141027417-L.jpg
Chris

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    Chris,
    ChrisJ wrote:
    I tried to press my creative limits a bit, and I think I obtained the goal I set for this shot. But I'd like to know what others think, since it is a bit abstract and far from a "typical" photo (especially one of mine).
    Very cool concept.. Original, nicely done... A definite contender! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    Very cool concept.. Original, nicely done... A definite contender! thumb.gif
    Thanks, Nik. I hope so... the last challenge was pretty competitive (loved your trees).
    Chris
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    ChrisJ wrote:
    Thanks, Nik. I hope so... the last challenge was pretty competitive (loved your trees).
    Thanks..:-) iloveyou.gif
    It sure is. Yet your idea seems original enough to me to make the cut... deal.gif (not that I'm a judge or anything like that)
    At least for now:-) mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    Chris
    I would call this thinking out of the box. When first viewing this shot, it took awhile for it to sink in for me...prolly cause my head is a bit foggy today anyway. But honestly, viewing this for just a few seconds makes me want to look closer.....never would have thought of this in a million years. Oh, and that's the entire point of the photo.....it is irregular by design....I think it's quite good. Good luck!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited April 4, 2007
    Thanks, Swartzy... My creativity comes in fits and spurts, this is the first spurt in a *long* time. Hope your head is feeling better!
    Chris
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    Hmmm, I really like it. My only thought is whether or not it's over photoshopped - or whatever you'd say. But I really like that it causes me to take two and three looks at it trying to figure things out. Definitely irregular. Nicely done!!
    edited April 5, 2007
    Thanks, Andi. The untouched image just didn't have the impact I wanted (I'm not sure any would have), so I had to PS. But I do like the result. It keeps *me* looking back at it, and I don't usually do that with self-portraits.
    Chris