latest problem

bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
edited April 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
:huh Recently had problems with trial on Pro account even though I created a new nickname, password and smugmug address. It was suggested that I backout completely and try it. It worked partially. Now when I try to add images to my original address (bsvirginian) it defaults to my new (trial) site danavir. Waaat's uuup?
bsvirginian

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    eek7.gif Recently had problems with trial on Pro account even though I created a new nickname, password and smugmug address. It was suggested that I backout completely and try it. It worked partially. Now when I try to add images to my original address (bsvirginian) it defaults to my new (trial) site danavir. Waaat's uuup?
    bsvirginian
    Hi, can you explain more? danavir has no galleries set up, no images in it.

What is happening when you add images to bsvirginian?

The BEST way to deal with this is to have two separate browsers, or be SURE to clear your cookies between sessions.

Please explain more, and I can help more :D
  • bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    headscratch.gif Hi Andy

We are on two separate browsers. When I go to bsvirginian to add photos the site automatically defaults to the new (danavir) site. I know that danavir doesn't have any galleries. She, my wife is going to experiment later today as in adding images for brides to view (with password). I, in the meantime have been trying to add new images to my existing galleries with no luck. I hope this explains our little problem. bsvirginian
    bob@bob-swanson.com
    edited April 4, 2007
    headscratch.gif Hi Andy

We are on two separate browsers. When I go to bsvirginian to add photos the site automatically defaults to the new (danavir) site. I know that danavir doesn't have any galleries. She, my wife is going to experiment later today as in adding images for brides to view (with password). I, in the meantime have been trying to add new images to my existing galleries with no luck. I hope this explains our little problem. bsvirginian
    bob@bob-swanson.com
    Bob, please add a gallery to danivir. Any gallery - "test" will do fine.

Then, what uploader are you using please?
    edited April 4, 2007
    headscratch.gif Hello again. We are using the standard, suggested uploader. I'll put a gallery in right now and see.
    bsvirginian
    And thanks.
    edited April 4, 2007
    eek7.gif Hi Andy

I've uploaded a partial gallery on danavir and I still am not permitted to add images to bsvirginian. It just doesn't give me the "add images" notice. bsvirginian
    edited April 4, 2007
    eek7.gif Hi Andy

I've uploaded a partial gallery on danavir and I still am not permitted to add images to bsvirginian. It just doesn't give me the "add images" notice. bsvirginian
    You're not logged in then - let's back up.

1) what browser are you using for bsvigrinian? go to www.smugmug.com and are you seeing "login" or "logout" at the top?

2) what browser are you using for danivar?
    edited April 4, 2007
    :D When I clicked on www.smugmug.com the only question asked was whether I wanted to "log out". I'll check the danavir browser now. How do I determin which browser? Remember that you are dealing with a real computer dummy here. bsvirginian
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    :D When I clicked on www.smugmug.com the only question asked was whether I wanted to "log out". I'll check the danavir browser now. How do I determin which browser? Remember that you are dealing with a real computer dummy here. bsvirginian
    Hi BSV,

Let's start from the beginning here.
    • First, go to www.smugmug.com
    • Then look near the top, middle of the page. It will say either logout or login.
    • If it says 'logout' click on that. Then, click on 'login' and enter the emailaddress/password for the bsvirginian site. -->
      • Go to your site, and let us know if the add gallery button is back?
    • If it says 'login', click on 'your photos'. -->
      • What site are you directed to?

Are you using both browsers on the same computer? or on a different computer?
    edited April 4, 2007
    :D Thanks Ivar

toggling the log in and log out did it.
    bsvirginian
    ivar wrote:
    Hi BSV,

Let's start from the beginning here.
    • First, go to www.smugmug.com
    • Then look near the top, middle of the page. It will say either logout or login.
    • If it says 'logout' click on that. Then, click on 'login' and enter the emailaddress/password for the bsvirginian site. -->
      • Go to your site, and let us know if the add gallery button is back?
    • If it says 'login', click on 'your photos'. -->
      • What site are you directed to?
    Are you using both browsers on the same computer? or on a different computer?