Comments

• Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    I took some shots of my best friend.
    Just thought I'd share.:D

joscamera082.jpg

joscamera081.jpg
    I love the first one, and the second one is so-so... but gj!
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    JDollDesignsJDollDesigns Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    Mike02 wrote:
    I love the first one, and the second one is so-so... but gj!

thank you :):D
    "Johannah, your going down a one way road."
    "No I'm not.... Ooh yes I am. Crap."
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    These are okay but the hand placement seems odd. Like she has a stomach ache? Also, what is the significance/reason for using this particular location for your shoot? I'm just curious because it doesn't look planned-- looks a little like you shot some snaps as you were walking downt he street. I like to use locations to bring out a person's personality and have them interact with the surroundings.

Also-- 99-percent of people look better photographed at a slight angle-- almost no one looks good full on to the camera-- especially faces. Narrow, thin faces can often pull this off, the rest of us should make sure to turn our heads slightly. I work with a lot of professional models-- and that's the case with most of them too.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    edited April 4, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    These are okay but the hand placement seems odd. Like she has a stomach ache? Also, what is the significance/reason for using this particular location for your shoot? I'm just curious because it doesn't look planned-- looks a little like you shot some snaps as you were walking downt he street. I like to use locations to bring out a person's personality and have them interact with the surroundings.

Also-- 99-percent of people look better photographed at a slight angle-- almost no one looks good full on to the camera-- especially faces. Narrow, thin faces can often pull this off, the rest of us should make sure to turn our heads slightly. I work with a lot of professional models-- and that's the case with most of them too.

Ah, thank you. I agree with what you are saying. :)
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    I agree about hand placement and the angle of the body - there are some more flattering poses....

But there is something about the first one in the top of the body that I like a lot. I don't really like the crop all that much and wanted to try something different - I hope you don't mind. Also, it seemed to have a green tone to it (some color cast). I'm not good at getting rid of them and it's even harder in a small photo like this.... but I tried. I also bumped the contrast. Next time, have her wear a jacket or shirt that contrasts a bit more with her skin. While that's a pretty jacket and looks nice on her, I think her face and smile get lost in it. Make sense?

Let's see some more! Will she be a guinea pig for you again?

Anyway, if you want me to remove my version, just let me know! :D
  • Options
    savETheducksavETheduck Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    I agree about hand placement and the angle of the body - there are some more flattering poses....

But there is something about the first one in the top of the body that I like a lot. I don't really like the crop all that much and wanted to try something different - I hope you don't mind. Also, it seemed to have a green tone to it (some color cast). I'm not good at getting rid of them and it's even harder in a small photo like this.... but I tried. I also bumped the contrast. Next time, have her wear a jacket or shirt that contrasts a bit more with her skin. While that's a pretty jacket and looks nice on her, I think her face and smile get lost in it. Make sense?

i like your crop :)
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007

The Crop is beautiful and I love it! She can be my guine pig again :)
    I'll post more when I take more pictures.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    The Crop is beautiful and I love it! She can be my guine pig again :)
    I'll post more when I take more pictures.

Can't wait to see!