Thumbs Q by Private Message

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited April 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
We answer all questions in the open forum. Why? Becuase there are many folks who can help, there are also many folks who may be interested in the topic. For that reason, plus the fact that PMs would consume our day, we don't answer private messages.
Hi there Andy. I hate to send you a private message, but the thread I posted in is closed:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=47572&page=35

The whole "size XL" thing is great, and I'm excited to see it moving forward - I get the feeling it's getting close. But what I'm not sure about is if anyone is thinking about bumping up the thumbnail image sizes. I didn't see anything about that problem being addressed in either of the two threads you pointed me to. Did I miss them?

Specifically on the home page, I dearly want to see thumbnails for my albums that are 3x or even 4x in size - right now they're so incredibly tiny, and that's on a relatively low-res 19" LCD monitor at 1280 x 1024. 100 x 67px thumbnails are what you'd do back in 1997 for people on dial-up. My concern here is that I've never seen anyone from Smugmug say "Yes, we do plan on changing that" so I don't know if anything is moving on that front.

Keep up the great work - I really enjoy the level of discussion in the forums, and how transparent Smugmug is when dealing with their customers.

There's a brand new feature request thread, sticky in this forum. Or you can simply make a new thread, like I just did :thumb

I'll make sure that our team, in particular, our product manager and engineers, see your request, thanks for taking the time to make it :clap