lps#3 - i might consider this one...

Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
edited April 5, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
what a tough challenge. i'm sure putting miles on my car trying to find picturesque! in my travels, i came across this, which i thought to be irregular. an abandoned building where an old office plant survives...

141245597-L.jpg

anyone think it appropriate, or not?

Thanks,
Tessa
Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
www.printandportfolio.com
This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341

Comments

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    Tessa, I really like this a lot! Definitely irregular! Very nicely shot.... I'm trying to figure out if it needs something to change or if it's perfect as it is... I'll think on it.

Very nice!
  • BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    Nice shot. I like the use of selective colouring on this aswell. Good stuff.
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2007
    i'm concerned it's too boring
    Thanks,
    Tessa

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    Boring isn't the right word at all! Just because it's a simple idea carried out simply doesn't mean that it doesn't have a statement. And a strong one...

Have you tried bumping contrast? Thats the ONLY thing I'd try out before entering it. I really like this one! clap.gif
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    I'm not sure about irregular, not the first thing I think of. But it's certainly not boring, and I really like it clap.gif
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    I like the skewed perspective, the irregular broken glass, and the B&W. The selective color compensates somewhat that the plant isn't a bigger focal point, but it doesn't quite make it for me. I really wish I could see the pot it's in (or something more).

Just my thoughts.
    Chris
    edited April 5, 2007
    thanks for all your comments!
    I'm not going to commit to this one right now, but at the moment it's all have! at least it's still early in the challenge!

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
  • Cheri Campbell-GodfreyCheri Campbell-Godfrey Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 5, 2007
    Tessa HD wrote:
    I'm not going to commit to this one right now, but at the moment it's all have! at least it's still early in the challenge!

Tessa (Sis), I'm not sure about irregular, that is not what it portrays to me, but I like it. What I would do is give it a tweek in the contrast department to make it POP!:D
    edited April 5, 2007
    HEY! welcome aboard, sis!
    You've got some great picturesque scenery out there - I hope you'll enter!

Tessa

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com