Is it just me or does anyone else want to know too?

JaNaeJaNae Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 16, 2007 in SmugMug Support
First, I'm very new to smugmug and I have been searching and searching but can't find out how to see a "thumbs up/thumbs down" count for each image. I know that when my photos get a "thumbs up" they end up in the most popular gallery - but I don't know how many thumbs up they've received or how to even find out??? I also think it would be very helpful to find out what pics are getting the thumbs down and how many. Does anyone know how to find out? Is there a way to get this info?

Thanks for any responses

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    JaNae wrote:
    First, I'm very new to smugmug and I have been searching and searching but can't find out how to see a "thumbs up/thumbs down" count for each image. I know that when my photos get a "thumbs up" they end up in the most popular gallery - but I don't know how many thumbs up they've received or how to even find out??? I also think it would be very helpful to find out what pics are getting the thumbs down and how many. Does anyone know how to find out? Is there a way to get this info?

Thanks for any responses
    The count is not available sorry. It's been asked before and would be nice.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Kyle JonesKyle Jones Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 5, 2007
    primitive
    Primitive statistics gathering is one of my top three beefs with Smugmug. I wish this would be addressed sometime soon.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    Kyle Jones wrote:
    Primitive statistics gathering is one of my top three beefs with Smugmug. I wish this would be addressed sometime soon.
    Aside from the thumbs, what are you looking for that we don't provide, or that you can get via the excellent Google Analytics or Statcounter? ear.gif
  • JaNaeJaNae Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 5, 2007
    umm....ok....what is the point of a thumbs down option? Why isn't there a way to see a count? It seems like this would be a no-brainer.

I'm very frustrated with the lack of statistical info too. I would like to see referral url's, etc. I hope that there is a fix for this in the making and will be available in the near future. I am by no means a technical/web expert, I can barely call myself a novice, but it just doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to have these stats available.
  • Kyle JonesKyle Jones Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 5, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Aside from the thumbs, what are you looking for that we don't provide, or that you can get via the excellent Google Analytics or Statcounter? ear.gif

That's the rub, the third-party information collectors are collecting information for themselves--- it's their data and they are incidentally sharing it with me. And since it's free I have no service level expectations at all. This is not the kind of relationship I'm looking for.
  • dwterrydwterry Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2007
    Kyle Jones wrote:
    That's the rub, the third-party information collectors are collecting information for themselves--- it's their data and they are incidentally sharing it with me. And since it's free I have no service level expectations at all. This is not the kind of relationship I'm looking for.

I would like a per-gallery list of favorites. Most of my customers don't know each other. They shouldn't have to see all of their favorites grouped into one big bag. But it would be cool to have each of them see their own favorites.
  • mkress65mkress65 Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Can you use GA and StatCounter on standard accounts yet? If not, then, for standard account holders, what's wrong with them is that they are not available and that kind of information would be nice to have as even as a lowly standard account holder (if they aren't available yet, of course -- I haven't checked lately.)

Matt