Weddings logistics- help!

akendallakendall Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited April 5, 2007 in Technique
Hello-
Quick question. So Im a relative newbie to wedding photography, and have been on a steep learning curve, but doing it well. My question is in terms of the 'package' that many wed photogs give: This being a package price that includes 'XXX' amount 4x6 photos in an album, among other things.

Traditionally, does the photographer select the best shot for an album, or does the B&G do this? If the latter (which I assume because its their wedding) how do they let me, the photographer know which to order. Catch my drift?

Im mainly concerned about this specific number of shots built into the package. How do I let them order them without paying for them? As of now, I build the '200 photos plus album' into the price and then deduct it. But is there an easier way, or more organized way? Anyone? What the tried and true way?

Alex

Comments

• Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    akendall wrote:
    Traditionally, does the photographer select the best shot for an album, or does the B&G do this? If the latter (which I assume because its their wedding) how do they let me, the photographer know which to order. Catch my drift?
    I give 3 options, I can select an artist choice, they can alter that list, or dump it and choose all their own. Everyone is different, some let me do it, some alter my choice, and some want to pick them all themselves. If they have a phone or even email, they can just let you know which photos they want in the album.
    Im mainly concerned about this specific number of shots built into the package. How do I let them order them without paying for them?
    I don't quite understand what you are wanting to do here. The book should be prepaid, but if not, then they need to pay before the order goes in. Once the order goes in, that's it, there is no turning back. So I show them a PDF preview of the book, they approve it, and pay any last remainders, then the book gets ordered.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie