Options

A few from home

SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
edited April 7, 2007 in People
Smile awhile

139789030-L.jpg

Then, after going back & forth with Sitters on B&W conversions, thought to process a couple more. Let me know what ya think. There are so many methods of conversions and blends of techniques, I came up with my own...thanks Shane!

Grandson with his mom (our daughter #1)

141357960-L.jpg

Of course, Grandma is hiding behind Magnus....

141357953-L.jpg

Thanks for looking! :lust
Swartzy:
NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
www.daveswartz.com
Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552

Comments

• Options
    Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    Im not too crazy about the 1st or 3rd images, but the second one is breathtaking, nice shot =)!
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    I like them all, your grandson is a cutie and it's so cool to see how he's growing into his personality.

The 2nd is a great capture, well done. I think you really nailed the conversion in #3, it's fantastic. I loooooove SitterS's BW images, but i can't seem to get her effect with my own shots either! :)
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    Thanks Lynne
    urbanaries wrote:
    I like them all, your grandson is a cutie and it's so cool to see how he's growing into his personality.

The 2nd is a great capture, well done. I think you really nailed the conversion in #3, it's fantastic. I loooooove SitterS's BW images, but i can't seem to get her effect with my own shots either! :)

I've immersed myself into black & whites these past few weeks wanting to learn as much as possible. My grandfather was a master as he did all his own devepment/processing in the attic darkroom. It is a shame the inkjet printers (at least these consumer models) don't print true B&W as they leave a bit of blue hue.

Been enjoying seeing the improvements so many have made here at Dgrin...guess that's what makes this community so great. Thanks for stopping by. iloveyou.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2007
    I LOVE #2... they are all awesome, but that's my favorite!

As for B&Ws... Download Lightroom and play with it. I have tried SO many different techniques in PS and they have nothing on my conversions in Lightroom. PM me and I'll be happy to send you some presets to start with and you can tweak from there. (Man, I sound like a broken record - or a paid advertisement! Laughing.gif!)

Wonderful shots!
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2007
    Swartzy wrote:
    Smile awhile

Then, after going back & forth with Sitters on B&W conversions, thought to process a couple more. Let me know what ya think. There are so many methods of conversions and blends of techniques, I came up with my own...thanks Shane!
    Grandson with his mom (our daughter #1)
    Of course, Grandma is hiding behind Magnus....
    Thanks for looking! iloveyou.gif

He is such a little boy isn't he, couldn't look at him and say is the baby a girl or a boy, cause he just oozzzes boyness nod.gif and he's cute too iloveyou.gif
    ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 7, 2007
    my younger grandson is on the way over now-

your love for your grandson comes thru the pics and your comments-