Options

Saying goodbye to Moofaly Doofaly

2»

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    A few years ago, I had the honor of posting shots of my superbly handsome kitty named Moofaly Doofaly. This story is about a journey, one of love and loss, and coming to peace with the hole left in my heart.

Thanks to anyone taking this short moment to take this journey with me, I think it will make Moofaly's star shine that much brighter.

..........I know where your coming from :cry
    Here is a little poem I wrote about my cat, she was my best friend too.
    ..... Skippy

In Memory Of You ......

I remember the day they gave you to me,
    You filled my heart with joy, and delight, so precious and tiny it was love at first sight.

I watched you grow up, and we had so much fun, hiding and playing, and boy you could run, I couldn’t keep up, when you were so young.

Sharing was something we knew how to do, although you were fussy, but you were just you,
    no matter the time, the day or the place, you’d always be there, because you were my mate.

At night we would snuggle and you’d hog the bed, in the morning I’d wake and you’d still be there,
    waiting for me and you’d just sit and stair as I slept by your side, you’d always be there.

The day that you died I will never forget, I cried, and I cried, full of guilt and regret.
    I held you until I knew you were gone…..and I carried you home, without saying a word.

We found a nice place to lay you at rest, and wrapped your small body in one of my vests.
    You’ll always be with me my dear precious friend, and I’ll never forget as long as I live,
    the pleasures of owning a small cat can give.

Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    sniff sniff (((hug)))
    Your story was very touching and heartfelt (((hug))) Even though sad, your images and words were heart-warming, I could feel your love.

Reading such stories makes me sad, I know someday I will outlive my two sweetpeas (2 sister cats), and I can hardly imagine what that will be like. Sending a hug your way, and as others, wishing that you find that special "it" when you are ready for another furrball in your life...though I know that's hard to imagine right now. I lost my first cat to cancer a few years ago, and I didn't want another pet for a long time. Then, this beautiful kitten face on petfinder.com from my local shelter 'spoke to me'. I went in to go see her, and her sister was the one who 'chose me' by coming right up and not letting go.

(((hugs)))

Adrienne
  • Options
    GaleGale Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2007
    Through the tears

I FEEL YOU PAIN AND HEAVY HEART

Beautiful images
    Best Regards
    Gale

www.pbase.com/techwish
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2007
    Do You Realize - The Flaming Lips
    This song seems appropriate. Sorry for your loss.

Do You Realize - that you have the most beautiful face
    Do You Realize - we're floating in space -
    Do You Realize - that happiness makes you cry
    Do You Realize - that everyone you know someday will die

And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
    You realize that life goes fast
    It's hard to make the good things last
    You realize the sun doesn't go down
    It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round

Do You Realize - Oh - Oh - Oh
    Do You Realize - that everyone you know
    Someday will die -

And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
    You realize that life goes fast
    It's hard to make the good things last
    You realize the sun doesn't go down
    It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round

Do You Realize - that you have the most beautiful face
    Do You Realize
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Mike Lane wrote:
    This song seems appropriate. Sorry for your loss.

The Flaming Lips . . . yes! clap.gif This song is very appropriate....thanks for making me thinking of it. I'm listening to it right now. awwww iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2007
    bfjr wrote:
    I always want to say something profound or least something to make the hurt go away.

I of course never come even close, not for me or anyone else.

Been where you are today and swear every time I will not go through it again, but I do.
    It's the price we all must pay for loving our companions and after all that's all they ever ask of us, while returning so much more.

when you look at it with an open heart as the pain slowly becomes replaced with memories that make you smile and literally laugh out loud--even if only to yourself--it seems such a small price to pay for a love that is truly unconditional. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2007
    JillG wrote:
    now when I see an orange cat I'll remember you and your friend.

See, that's awesome. That would make Moof happy, and it does me, too. Thanks for your kindness.
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    ..........I know where your coming from :cry
    Here is a little poem I wrote about my cat, she was my best friend too.
    ..... Skippy

That was so sweet!!! Kitties really are the best kind of friend.

I did a quick poem on my fridge yesterday with that magnetic poetry . . . it was fun. Made me think of that last picture I did.

You are my kindred
    spirit,
    like a child
    of the sun always shining
    over a wintered earth.
    Breath uncluttered in a still
    and perfect sleep
    of soft purring abandon,
    I whisper
    love in golden dreams
    and hear the treasures of your heart.
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2007
    ajgauthier wrote:
    Your story was very touching and heartfelt (((hug))) Even though sad, your images and words were heart-warming, I could feel your love.

Reading such stories makes me sad, I know someday I will outlive my two sweetpeas (2 sister cats), and I can hardly imagine what that will be like. Sending a hug your way, and as others, wishing that you find that special "it" when you are ready for another furrball in your life...though I know that's hard to imagine right now. I lost my first cat to cancer a few years ago, and I didn't want another pet for a long time. Then, this beautiful kitten face on petfinder.com from my local shelter 'spoke to me'. I went in to go see her, and her sister was the one who 'chose me' by coming right up and not letting go.

(((hugs)))

Adrienne

I hope that the recognition is like that for me, where I'm not the only one that seems to connect. wings.gif