20D numbering

JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
edited April 5, 2007 in Cameras
I noticed a strange thing yesterday. The last photo I took (well kept) in 2006 with my 20D was numbered 898_9883, and the first photo from 2007 (kept) was 100_0011. Now did my "counter" turn over like a car odometer, or did some other strange event take place. :dunno

It really doesn't matter I guess, but it just struck me as odd. I didn't do anything different with my camera or cards before the file number changed. I kind of expected to see numbering in the 900_0000 range...oh well.

I'm guessing Ziggy will have an answer:D
Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited April 5, 2007
    Jeffro wrote:
    I noticed a strange thing yesterday. The last photo I took (well kept) in 2006 with my 20D was numbered 898_9883, and the first photo from 2007 (kept) was 100_0011. Now did my "counter" turn over like a car odometer, or did some other strange event take place. ne_nau.gif

It really doesn't matter I guess, but it just struck me as odd. I didn't do anything different with my camera or cards before the file number changed. I kind of expected to see numbering in the 900_0000 range...oh well.

I'm guessing Ziggy will have an answer:D

Nope, that's wierd! thumb.gif (But you're normal, at least compared to me. :D)
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2007
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Nope, that's wierd! thumb.gif
    I thought so too.
    ziggy53 wrote:
    (But you're normal, at least compared to me. :D)

Being normal is subjective......lol3.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D