Oh no a cat for LPS#3

JillGJillG Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
edited April 10, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I bought flowers at the grocery store thinking I could do something with them. I set up my little place, with some black velvet. Took a few test shots, and was wondering why the flash slave wasn't working. Then the cat came to investigate. She sat down and let me take a few shots. Although it is irregular that she let me take her picture, especially with flash, I'm thinking picturesque ?

141577164-M.jpg
Jill

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    It's certainly a nice shot, but not sure about picturesque
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    aw, she wanted to be an entry the challenge!
    what a pose! with her black fur and the black velvet absorbing all the light, you can't see her body, and maybe that would've helped. have you taken any flower shots yet?

tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • JillGJillG Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    It's certainly a nice shot, but not sure about picturesque

Thanks, this is what I need, honest opinions.
    Jill
    Jill
    edited April 6, 2007
    Tessa HD wrote:
    what a pose! with her black fur and the black velvet absorbing all the light, you can't see her body, and maybe that would've helped. have you taken any flower shots yet?

tessa

No, I used up my time last night with her. I have the flowers so I will do a couple of shots.
    Thanks

Jill
    Jill
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    I'm a huge cat fan so I find it picturesque! Laughing.gif! It's definitely an awesome shot... But I'm not so sure all would find it picturesque. :D

Gorgeous cat!
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    Very pretty meow-meow (my 2 yr-old's word)! But I tend to think of this more as photogenic than picturesque. Cool shot, though.
    Chris
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    I looked up the definition of picturesque, because I like some others am thinking it describes a quaint landscape.

Here is the definition accoeding to dictionary.com

pic·tur·esque /ˌpɪktʃəˈrɛsk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pik-chuh-resk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective
    1. visually charming or quaint, as if resembling or suitable for a painting: a picturesque fishing village.
    2. (of writing, speech, etc.) strikingly graphic or vivid; creating detailed mental images: a picturesque description of the Brazilian jungle.
    3. having pleasing or interesting qualities; strikingly effective in appearance: a picturesque hat.

I like yor cat and think it qualifies under definition 1 and 3. I dont know how the judges will see it.
    edited April 8, 2007
    I'm a huge cat fan so I find it picturesque! Laughing.gif! It's definitely an awesome shot... But I'm not so sure all would find it picturesque. :D

Gorgeous cat!

Thanks, I think all cats are beautiful. I'll be on the lookout for yours.:D
    Jill
    edited April 8, 2007
    ChrisJ wrote:
    Very pretty meow-meow (my 2 yr-old's word)! But I tend to think of this more as photogenic than picturesque. Cool shot, though.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate your opinion.
    Jill
    edited April 8, 2007
    GREAPER wrote:
    I looked up the definition of picturesque, because I like some others am thinking it describes a quaint landscape.

Here is the definition accoeding to dictionary.com

pic·tur·esque /ˌpɪktʃəˈrɛsk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pik-chuh-resk] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective
    1. visually charming or quaint, as if resembling or suitable for a painting: a picturesque fishing village.
    2. (of writing, speech, etc.) strikingly graphic or vivid; creating detailed mental images: a picturesque description of the Brazilian jungle.
    3. having pleasing or interesting qualities; strikingly effective in appearance: a picturesque hat.

I like yor cat and think it qualifies under definition 1 and 3. I dont know how the judges will see it.

Thank you , very generous of you to write this and include an entire definition.

I looked it up online and never saw a number 3 definition, maybe I should stick to books for definitions:D. This was originally taken with a large orange rose next to her which I took out to make the pic better. My mom came over for Easter dinner and I showed her both. To my surprise, she wanted a print of the one with the rose to take home. headscratch.gifBeauty is in the eye of the beholder ( which includes judges).
    I have changed my entry to irregular. It's one I've been thinking about taking for a while. But, I may change my mind rolleyes1.gif

Jill
    Jill
  • hugzhugz Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    What a beautiful Kitty you have.

141577164-M.jpg[/quote]
  • fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    Looks familiar!
    Looks like we have the same cat!! My cat will pose for me, but my pictures aren't as good as yours. I like it!!

142580230-M.jpg
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    That is awesome.................and I think picture "esque".

However, I will warn you that for the most part animals do not do well, or did not do well, in Challenges.
    I would assume that the same would be true of this new thing.

Great photo, though, and gorgeous cat!!!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    (I mean animals that are of the "pet" type)

ginger again, smile.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited April 10, 2007
    Looks like we have the same cat!! My cat will pose for me, but my pictures aren't as good as yours. I like it!!

142580230-M.jpg

oh, too funnyrolleyes1.gif She's great. and very nice shot. The emotional impact of our pics are so different. Mine is kind of cold, she seems pretty to look at but don't touch and yours is warm, I want to give her a pet and say, Hi sweetheart.:D Thanks for sharing.
    Jill
    edited April 10, 2007
    ginger_55 wrote:
    (I mean animals that are of the "pet" type)

ginger again, smile.
    Thanks for your comments. I was thinking a cat might only be appropriate in a picturesque challenge. Am still uncertain whether to enter this or the irregular I already put in.

Jill
    Jill