invitations to view photos

rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited October 29, 2007 in SmugMug Support
After a photo invite has been sent out and viewed is there a way to delete the invite in the control panel?
Rich

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    rkw624 wrote:
    After a photo invite has been sent out and viewed is there a way to delete the invite in the control panel?
    No, there is not, Sorry.
  • JoanJoan Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited July 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    No, there is not, Sorry.
    Could there be a way someday (perhaps earlier than three years from now) that the feature to remove invitations may be available to us?

Joan
    ~ Joan

Photo gallery: http://jbarnett.smugmug.com
    edited July 27, 2007
    Joan wrote:
    Could there be a way someday (perhaps earlier than three years from now) that the feature to remove invitations may be available to us?

Joan
    Hi Joan,Thanks for the suggestion thumb.gif
  • Iron CreekIron Creek Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Can I add my request for a delete button?
    Don Libby,
    Iron Creek Photography
    httP://www.Ironcreekphotography.com
    Tucson, Arizona

Member NAPP; PPA
    edited October 25, 2007
    Iron Creek wrote:
    Can I add my request for a delete button?
    Sure... features request thread, sticky in this forum :)
  • tonsofpicstonsofpics Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    Invitations Nomenclature
    Please help me in interpreting what I am seeing on invitations sent.

I have columns for read, clicked, and recipients. It sounds easy enough but I am getting numbers like.

6 1 2
    0 1 1
    1 4 2
    8 2 1
    edited October 29, 2007
    tonsofpics wrote:

I have columns for read, clicked, and recipients. It sounds easy enough but I am getting numbers like.

6 1 2
    0 1 1
    1 4 2
    8 2 1

http://www.smugmug.com/help/photo-community
  • papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    tonsofpics wrote:

6 1 2
    0 1 1
    1 4 2
    8 2 1

You're exactly right..."It sounds easy enough, but...". Trying to get a "clear picture" from this data will drive you only slightly crazy when attempting to analyze who among your invitees has actually seen what (at least, that has been my experience).

If you click on an email invite in your control panel, you get the "detail" read/click data for each of the invitees.

Case in point...a "zero" in the first column suggests that the recipient did not read the email, but a "1" in the second column suggests that recipient nevertheless somehow "clicked" into (or through) the gallery to see the photo(s) anyway, which made no sense to me at first.

I'm still not sure I'm correct, but I've concluded this means that the recipient indeed did not actually "open" the email (because they didn't have to) since their email program preferences are probably set to show a "preview" pane of the email, hence the "zero" (they didn't technically read it, but actually did). But since they were able to see the link to the gallery in the preview pane, they "clicked through" to access the gallery, hence the "1" in clicked column.

The time/date stamp shown on the data is "OK", but not very useful after the first instance, since it shows when the original email was sent, but provides no information about when it was read or clicked, which would be much more meaningful, I think (I could, for example, bump the result against my StatCounter data to see from which IP address a particular read/click posting orginated.)

Assuming SmugMug already "knows" that an email invite was "read" and/or that a gallery link was "clicked", wouldn't they also know precisely when that occurred, and what IP address was linked to the event?? Displaying that, I think, would be a significant enhancement over what's currently being shown.
    edited October 29, 2007
    papajay wrote:
    You're exactly right..."It sounds easy enough, but...

I look in my control panel, stats, invitations. I see the last one I sent:

the_ultimate_in_photo_sharing._online_photo_albums__photo_sharing__photo_hosting_and_photo_storage._-_powered_by_smugmug-20071029-122026.jpg

Then I click that one, and I get the details:

the_ultimate_in_photo_sharing._online_photo_albums__photo_sharing__photo_hosting_and_photo_storage._-_powered_by_smugmug-20071029-122056.jpg

which tells me it's been read twice, and clicked twice back to the gallery. ne_nau.gif

Thanks for the other suggestion, we really appreciate it.
    edited October 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:

I look in my control panel, stats, invitations. I see the last one I sent:

the_ultimate_in_photo_sharing._online_photo_albums__photo_sharing__photo_hosting_and_photo_storage._-_powered_by_smugmug-20071029-122026.jpg

Then I click that one, and I get the details:

the_ultimate_in_photo_sharing._online_photo_albums__photo_sharing__photo_hosting_and_photo_storage._-_powered_by_smugmug-20071029-122056.jpg

which tells me it's been read twice, and clicked twice back to the gallery. ne_nau.gif

Thanks for the other suggestion, we really appreciate it.

That's fine, Andy...very simple numbers...just like you'd expect to see...and it "looks right"...easy-peasy.

It's when one sees ZERO reads, yet one or more CLICKS for the same invitee that it gets a bit confusing. If the "solution" to the puzzle of how an invitee can click through the gallery without ever reading the email invite is as I described it in the earlier post, then I'm not confused any longer. If it's not as I described it, then how else can ZERO reads exist with any number of CLICKS greater than ZERO????
  • AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    papajay wrote:
    That's fine, Andy...very simple numbers...just like you'd expect to see...and it "looks right"...easy-peasy.

It's when one sees ZERO reads, yet one or more CLICKS for the same invitee that it gets a bit confusing. If the "solution" to the puzzle of how an invitee can click through the gallery without ever reading the email invite is as I described it in the earlier post, then I'm not confused any longer. If it's not as I described it, then how else can ZERO reads exist with any number of CLICKS greater than ZERO????

Hi Papajay,

I totally agree. All I can tell you is we do our best to determine when an email is read/clicked/etc. Some email programs handle things differently (with the preview as you mentioned) so the numbers you see relating to share email reporting should not be viewed as absolute. They catch most views and clicks, but obviously not all because there are a few errant zeros floating around.

It's nice that you can see the clicks as well as the reads so that even if that particular mail client doesn't tell SmugMug the email was read, you can be sure that it has been.

-Anne
    edited October 29, 2007
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    Hi Papajay,

I totally agree. All I can tell you is we do our best to determine when an email is read/clicked/etc. Some email programs handle things differently (with the preview as you mentioned) so the numbers you see relating to share email reporting should not be viewed as absolute. They catch most views and clicks, but obviously not all because there are a few errant zeros floating around.

It's nice that you can see the clicks as well as the reads so that even if that particular mail client doesn't tell SmugMug the email was read, you can be sure that it has been.

-Anne

Thanks Anne...I'm chalking it up to "as I suspected"....it's not a complaint, it just "is" what it is. All I really wanted was to understand what it meant, which I think is what the earlier poster was trying to determine as well. At first glance, sometimes the stats don't appear to make sense.