Options

My day in photos

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited April 7, 2007 in People

09-Autoportrait__20Early_20reflective_20snap_MG_3609.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=77fc6f1c61a6eaa430270fe647d73a35
I have been asked by David Chin from www.mydayinphotos.com to participate in his project - a selection of photos from a single day. My happens to be 5th of April 2007. The photos are very candid and capture part of my day. Parental advisory: there is one nude photograph in the series.
So here it is: Ted Szukalski, My day in photos gallery.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 6, 2007
    those are great, ted!-

although, I must say, I coulda done without a shower and breakfast that morning-
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    It actually was a very difficult to capture my day in 12 to 24 photos. Well, at least, it was for me. I wanted it to be very genuine and thus the shower and breakfast. I was hoping for more steam in the shower but it was a warm day and thus I was left overexposed ne_nau.gif.

By the way the breakky looked lots better in reality and it is quite healthy and tasty.
    gefillmore wrote:
    those are great, ted!-

although, I must say, I coulda done without a shower and breakfast that morning-
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2007
    Very interesting glimpse of a day in your life. I think you captured it very well. Lots of great shots and they don't look like quick snaps.
    Chris
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    btw, how did you process your color pics-
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2007
    I've divided the photos and thus my day into 3 post processing sets:
    * routine by using cross processing (these are the greenish images),
    * family by using sepia,
    * photography as art and hobby by using "Lithium effect" conversion in Lightroom.

There is an exception there: a burned black and white in the the shower scene, which I simply wanted to include the oblutions somehow masked - I'm certainly no nude model by any stretch of imagination.
    gefillmore wrote:
    btw, how did you process your color pics-
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2007
    These are awesome! I've been doing a self portrait a day and contemplating doing a very similar project to this - a photos of the entire day.... Probably a very different look, but still.

I love the shots of your family - your wife especially. And your cat. Your cat should NOT be the hate of your life! It's too beautiful! Laughing.gif!

Awesome. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2007
    I've divided the photos and thus my day into 3 post processing sets:
    * routine by using cross processing (these are the greenish images),
    * family by using sepia,
    * photography as art and hobby by using "Lithium effect" conversion in Lightroom.

There is an exception there: a burned black and white in the the shower scene, which I simply wanted to include the oblutions somehow masked - I'm certainly no nude model by any stretch of imagination.

ted-

interested in some detail on the cross processing technique, if you are willing-
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2007
    enjoyed the glimps into your day, ted!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2007
    This is a Lightroom preset called EFF XProcess Dragan. I found it via googling for presets - I stupidly did not book mark where I got my presets, sorry.
    gefillmore wrote:
    ted-

interested in some detail on the cross processing technique, if you are willing-
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2007
    This is a Lightroom preset called EFF XProcess Dragan. I found it via googling for presets - I stupidly did not book mark where I got my presets, sorry.

no sweat-

thanks for the reply-
  • Options
    kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2007
    Great series! Very photojournalistic and the processing techniques are amazing. Thanks for sharing Ted!
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2007
    a dragan cross process preset here:

http://inside-lightroom.co.uk/index.html

• Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2007
    Great stuff Ted
    You certainly made a typical day into one that is way cool. Love your processing and chosen shots.....heh, now even the shower one is different! rolleyes1.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2007
    Very very nice...good series. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2007
    Thanks Seneca and Swartzy.

Just a general comment on post processing: Lightroom is a brilliant tool. You still need your Photoshop but in combination with Lightroom you can achieve a lot of interesting effects and I believe in my case I'm saving a lot of time doing so.