IE can open website...

MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
edited April 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I need help. Everytime I go to load my smugmug site a box opens up that says IE can not open the website www.michellegallery.smugmug.com Operation aborted. Then it toges to "the page can not be displayed."
I mentioned this about a week ago, but since then, it is now happening everytime I try to go to my smugmug site. This is very frustrating. I've got a lot of galleries to upload and upcoming shoots!
I have to always run my disk clean up before I can view the page, then if I want to go to a gallery within the page, I have to do it all over again! I love smugmug, but am having issues with this!

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 7, 2007
    Hmmm...it works fine on my machine. Could your C: drive be full? Do other web sites work normally?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2007
    MRudland wrote:
    I love smugmug, but am having issues with this!
    SmugMug is working fine :D This is on your end, I'm afraid.

Double check your security settings on IE- make sure you are at the default level. Clear cookies and cache and close/reoepn IE. Let us know?
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited April 7, 2007
    ne_nau.gif Same here. IE7 - no problems.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    ne_nau.gif Same here. IE7 - no problems.
    Wow, you must be the ONLY guy on the planet that can run IE7 on Windows 3.1

:s85

:hide
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    MRudland wrote:
    I need help. Everytime I go to load my smugmug site a box opens up that says IE can not open the website www.michellegallery.smugmug.com Operation aborted. Then it toges to "the page can not be displayed."
    I mentioned this about a week ago, but since then, it is now happening everytime I try to go to my smugmug site. This is very frustrating. I've got a lot of galleries to upload and upcoming shoots!
    I have to always run my disk clean up before I can view the page, then if I want to go to a gallery within the page, I have to do it all over again! I love smugmug, but am having issues with this!

For what it's worth it took me two trys to open your site (IE7).
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    MRudland wrote:
    Sounds like the same problem I mentioned in this thread:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=57133&page=2
  • behr655behr655 Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
  • flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    MRudland wrote:

It happens on my site as well, so now and then. I have had friends call me about this particular error. Hitting Refresh usually fixes it. And it's not only on IE7. It happens on IE6 as well. I think, but this is pure speculation, it has something to do with some AJAX call going wrong.

I'm just afraid that some visitors won't try that and go somewhere else...
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    This may be the problem; remove this in your code:
    <a name="Categories"></a>

I have seen IE follow the link automatically. Dutchie may have the same block in his code - but his is a mess to look through :)

One thing you can test is if a default smugmug gallery with no customization works for you without forwarding.
    MRudland wrote:
  • flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    {JT} wrote:
    This may be the problem; remove this in your code:
    <a name="Categories"></a>

I have seen IE follow the link automatically. Dutchie may have the same block in his code - but his is a mess to look through :)

One thing you can test is if a default smugmug gallery with no customization works for you without forwarding.

Hi JT :D

The thing is that it happens occasionally, rarely actually. If that link was the culprit, then wouldn't the error happen all the time?
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    It is IE, there is no such thing as always.
    Hi JT :D

The thing is that it happens occasionally, rarely actually. If that link was the culprit, then wouldn't the error happen all the time?