Options

First post

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited January 30, 2005 in Landscapes
Please ignore this post... go to a better post of the same images titled "sun and steel" in this same forum. Thank you.

14803315-Ti-1.jpgMy first post. :clap

I captured shots of the Disney Concert hall in Los Angeles. The building was designed by Frank Gehry. It was a clear, bright, sunny day and I thought I'd get a very different look out of the metal clad building.
I look forward to your comments and invite you to look at additional shots in my smugmug galleries. Thank you.
Angelo

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2005
    Reply to your own message and add another.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    My first post. clap.gif

I captured shots of the Disney Concert hall in Los Angeles. The building was designed by Frank Gehry. It was a clear, bright, sunny day and I thought I'd get a very different look out of the metal clad building.
    I look forward to your comments and invite you to look at additional shots in my smugmug galleries. Thank you.
    Angelo
    (ps: I can't seem to load additional shots here. help?)
    Click in the edit box and using the down arrow key go down as far as you can go and hit "enter", this should now show a flashing curser below the pic. Now just insert another.

Your pics are showing very small here, might try inserting a little bit bigger one. They do loook nice though.

And it's a good idea to hit the "preview post button" before posting to see what the results will look like.
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2005
    Actually you can only attach one image per post, but if you have a smugmug account and you have linking turned on in your gallery you can link to the images in your gallery.

All of the answers on posting photoas are HERE

Interesting shot by the way. Very abstract.
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    I guess I have to post seperate threads.

Looks like a very interesting building. As a construction worker, I'll bet it was a pain to build....
    :D
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    My first post. clap.gif

Angelo
    (ps: I can't seem to load additional shots here. help?)

Welcome, Angelo. I'd love to see a bigger version of that image. The building is an architectural marvel and a photography challenge, due to all the different shiny planes. Is that the building that they had to sandblast because the hot sun reflections were cooking the neighborhood?

Tip: Attaching images to posts is a PITA. It's far better and easier to sign up to a photo-sharing site and direct-link images into posts. The preferred site is www.smugmug.com, and if you use fishwife's coupon (ZhWlkhimCnkeI), you can save $5 off the already incredibly low subscription price. Other sites that people use are ofoto.com and pbase.com. Of course, you can also set up your own web server, should you be so inclined.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2005
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Welcome, Angelo. I'd love to see a bigger version of that image. The building is an architectural marvel and a photography challenge, due to all the different shiny planes. Is that the building that they had to sandblast because the hot sun reflections were cooking the neighborhood?

Tip: Attaching images to posts is a PITA. It's far better and easier to sign up to a photo-sharing site and direct-link images into posts. The preferred site is www.smugmug.com, and if you use fishwife's coupon (ZhWlkhimCnkeI), you can save $5 off the already incredibly low subscription price. Other sites that people use are ofoto.com and pbase.com. Of course, you can also set up your own web server, should you be so inclined.

Nice Try Oh Fishy smellin one, but he said in the first post he already has smugmug galleries. naughty.gif
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2005
    GREAPER wrote:
    Nice Try Oh Fishy smellin one, but he said in the first post he already has smugmug galleries. naughty.gif

how'd you know i didn't shower today? headscratch.gif

hey angelo, i merged your threads.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2005
    !
    Thanks. I already am a smugmug member and posting is still a PITA. :D
    fish wrote:

• Options
    edited January 30, 2005
    !
    tried that. didn't work :uhoh
    USAIR wrote:
    Welcome to dgrin

Heres a link it might help
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=92

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2005
    GREAPER wrote:

All of the answers on posting photos are HERE

This works. If you are still having a problem let us know what it is doing and we can probably help.