LPS#3 Consideration

ericgtrericgtr Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
edited April 9, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am debating about entering this. The stuff at the bottom is too diffictult to clone out, I tried for a while but couldn't get it right. CC welcome. Here is the EXIF INFO

141855882-M.jpg

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    ericgtr wrote:
    I am debating about entering this. The stuff at the bottom is too diffictult to clone out, I tried for a while but couldn't get it right. CC welcome. Here is the EXIF INFO

You mean, like this?

All it took was two flipped marquees and a few passes of a cloning stamp, 5 minutes totall, or less..

It's a great vista! I would try to shift on a right to see if I could align the falls...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • ericgtrericgtr Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    You mean, like this?

All it took was two flipped marquees and a few passes of a cloning stamp, 5 minutes totall, or less..

It's a great vista! I would try to shift on a right to see if I could align the falls...

Thanks for the tutorial here thumb.gif The only thing about shifting it is that I leveled it to the bridge, so it woul throw that out of kilter. Could be a lesser of two evils though so I will see how it looks.
  • ericgtrericgtr Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    Okay, here is take 2. This one is HDR and a bit softer but seems more balanced.

142014010-M.jpg
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    ericgtr wrote:
    Okay, here is take 2. This one is HDR and a bit softer but seems more balanced.

I think it looks too symmetrical down there, telltell sign of cloning. You gotta leave the whitewater alone (since it gets most of the attention) and only replace the rocky debris part.
    Also there are some remnants of the rocks at the very bottom.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif

A few tweaks and it's a great entry!