PROBLEM Translating smugmug into another language?

YOOPERFALLSYOOPERFALLS Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited April 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
You can translate your entire smugmug site into another language by using google langage tools, just paste in your page location. Your site will translate and come up in the new language with your index photos. When you click on a gallery it also will be translated but without any photos appearing? A small round icon appears in the upper left hand corner with spining arrows? Everything on the site seems to get translated ok, but other than the index the thumbs and photos will not appear. Is there a solution for this problem?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2007
    You can translate your entire smugmug site into another language by using google langage tools, just paste in your page location. Your site will translate and come up in the new language with your index photos. When you click on a gallery it also will be translated but without any photos appearing? A small round icon appears in the upper left hand corner with spining arrows? Everything on the site seems to get translated ok, but other than the index the thumbs and photos will not appear. Is there a solution for this problem?
    Don't know - probably not right now, but I'll ask wave.gif
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 7, 2007
    Hi Yooperfalls,

The problem is limited to the smugmug style, due to the cross domain security restrictions when making ajax calls.

You could get this to work by setting a specific gallery style for the albums you want to translate.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • YOOPERFALLSYOOPERFALLS Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 8, 2007
    PROBLEM Translating smugmug into another language
    devbobo wrote:
    Hi Yooperfalls,

The problem is limited to the smugmug style, due to the cross domain security restrictions when making ajax calls.

You could get this to work by setting a specific gallery style for the albums you want to translate.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

David

I would need more help on doing this? I want to have my NOTCHCORD gallery so that when it is translated the photos will appear. The gallery is being made to provide support for persons with fatal tumors that are world wide.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2007
    I would need more help on doing this? I want to have my NOTCHCORD gallery so that when it is translated the photos will appear. The gallery is being made to provide support for persons with fatal tumors that are world wide.
    Can we have direct link to the gallery please?
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 9, 2007
    yooperfalls,

I have set your gallery to the 'traditional' style.
    Try translating it now and see how you go.

CHeers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited April 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Can we have direct link to the gallery please?
    http://normc.smugmug.com/gallery/2667093
    edited April 9, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    yooperfalls,

I have set your gallery to the 'traditional' style.
    Try translating it now and see how you go.

CHeers,

David
    WOW in fact double WOW
    IT WORKS!